*no longer* concerned about the car

I was at work today and had to use my car to meet a co-worker. I start it up fine, then shut it off cuz I was boxed in. I went to start it again and nothing. I try again, nothing. try my remote start, nothing. not even a click. so I borrowed another co-workers car and met the guy to help him. came back and it starts.

I am horrible at diagnostics when it comes to under the hood, but I do know that when I hooked up a voltmeter to the damn near brand new XS D5100 under the hood and started the car, it dropped as low as 10.1.

now I don't know what a good voltage is while cranking, but seeing 10.1 out of a brand new battery makes me nervous. I don't believe its the alternator since after startup, the meter reads 14.3. but now the car has a noticeably rougher start, sounds like its struggling. I also don't know if a starter going bad could cause this...is a starter the type of component to begin going bad? or does it just shit the bed?

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

its the starter or starter relay. could be an ignition relay too.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

try charging the battery until the proper resting voltage. check your connections if they are loose. if so, tighten up because that might cause a short.

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

if there's a *CLUNK* then it's the starer..if there's NOTHING then it's a relay or bad connection.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

Ill take your guys' word for it that its the starter or starter relay. fortunately, I still have my old starter out of the accord so if it comes to it, Ill replace it...unfortunately, getting to it isn't simple. do you guys know if the starter/ignition relays click at start up so I have some kind of indication of them working?

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Archived