Sonic Electronix

Hey guys, I'm a new member around here. I've been lurking for awhile and decided to go ahead and make a post with a question or 2 I have.

Okay, So My name is Wil, I came across a van, For free....Its a 1989 GMC Safari van, Only has 2 bucket seats in it, The whole back is open.

Now, I'm not really looking into cramming a wall into this thing, Seeing as I use it to haul my race bike to the track. But, I wouldn't mind hooking it up. I've always loved systems, And my last one was a 15" L7 sealed, with 2000w Hi-fonics Brutus amp, Polk Mids and highs.

I've been out of the game awhile, and my question is, Does anyone have a suggestion for a nice setup? I like LOUD. What are some decent subs people are using these days?

With a van like this, should I use 12s? 15s? 18s? Ported? sealed? If you guys could point me in the right direction. Thanks!

TL;DR Cliffs

- Free van

- Need suggestions for a system, Not looking to wall, cause of race bike

- Thanks.

Race bike as in motocross? I race motos too.

As far as system goes, a lot is going to depend on the budget you want to spend.

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Race bike as in motocross? I race motos too.

As far as system goes, a lot is going to depend on the budget you want to spend.

No sir, Road racing. WERA C supersport to be exact.

As far as space, As long as I could take the box out, IF I HAD to, I guess it wouldn't matter. Just not something extremely permanent

Budget...I planned on buying a van/truck for around 3000. So no more than that. Cheaper If I could..I'm not exactly looking for a 150+ Just pretty loud.

2 XL18s will run in the $800-900 range, BC3500 is $599.99shipped, H/O alternator will be $400-500, 1 XS D3400 and a XS D3100 should be around $600. That leaves roughly $500 or so for 0awg wiring and box materials. A general 12ft^3 box tuned to your liking with 12-16sqin of port should work nicely :P

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

2 XL18s will run in the $800-900 range, BC3500 is $599.99shipped, H/O alternator will be $400-500, 1 XS D3400 and a XS D3100 should be around $600. That leaves roughly $500 or so for 0awg wiring and box materials. A general 12ft^3 box tuned to your liking with 12-16sqin of port should work nicely :P

and that would be f**king loud.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

12 dc level 3 15's on 2 Crescendo 3500's would be loud haha. That right there is about 4000.00 without wire or electrical upgrades like batterys and alternators... box alone will be a few hundred in wood.

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts