Sundown Audio

Sundown NeoPro 6.5" Prototypes

Some more actual pics now that I have them... I may go to the old style spade connectors for the 6.5" as the sprint terminals don't work as well on this frame as the other sizes... but otherwise pretty happy with them so far :

CIMG5117.JPG

CIMG5118.JPG

CIMG5119.JPG

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

i have my eye on these. you let me know when they are ready. i need some sundown mids

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

I could trade out my daytime for these now the neo pro 8 needs to come in 4 ohm

Or you could just bridge them like I did with mine and get more power. The last few shows I've gotten tons of complements on my doors.

What would be the difference between somebody running the 6.5s vs the 8s vs 10s? Would it just be how much room they have to work with or would a certain driver be louder.

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

Or you could just bridge them like I did with mine and get more power. The last few shows I've gotten tons of complements on my doors.

I LOVED your mids and highs!

(The AA CF mids and Morel tweets)

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

• 2 weeks later...

We put a set in a customers car today and they are stupid loud... awesome mid-bass output as well; I was actually pretty stunned by how much they were putting out.

We have about 200 RMS rated per side on them and 200 RMS rated on a set of Selenium ST-350 tweeters; two bridged (8 ohms bridged per pair of channels) 4-channel full-range Class-D prototype amps (no ETA, no price, don't ask, *laughs*).

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

What would be the difference between somebody running the 6.5s vs the 8s vs 10s? Would it just be how much room they have to work with or would a certain driver be louder.

that only works if you have two in each door/side. unless you like your music in mono.

difference, in general, with those sizes would be the bigger speaker would have a lower FS, less handling on higher notes, and less "grip" for transients. but the bigger speaker will be louder.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

We put a set in a customers car today and they are stupid loud... awesome mid-bass output as well; I was actually pretty stunned by how much they were putting out.

We have about 200 RMS rated per side on them and 200 RMS rated on a set of Selenium ST-350 tweeters; two bridged (8 ohms bridged per pair of channels) 4-channel full-range Class-D prototype amps (no ETA, no price, don't ask, *laughs*).

Mind if I ask how they compare to something like the RE XXX components. BTW my car need new stickers. Is Eric in Singapore still in operation?

Loudness is no substitute for musicianship, and partial deafness is no badge of honor. I was once able to hear this advice.

Build Log>>>

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...pid=672024&

New Build

Believe in the order

I haven't heard the XXX in so long... honestly couldn't offer an accurate comparison by any means. Going off what I know about the design of both the XXX is going to beat these up below 80 Hz for sure... in the upper mid-bass region I'm not so sure the XXX could keep up (eg: 90-120) -- if you are crossing really low I'd stick with something like the XXX or a very high displacement driver.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg