Sonic Electronix

I am thinking of getting a pair of Kicker CompVR 2 ohm DVC 15 inch subs and powering them with my RF Punch 400.1. The subs are RMS at 500 and the punch will put out 400 watts at 2 ohms. I don't know if the subs will still be underpowered or if i should step down to nicer 12s or the CompVR 12s to get more clarity. I am kind of leaning towards the 15s and then purchasing a bigger amp. This is all going in a double cab Tacoma

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

1 Rockford Fosgate P3 12 inch subwoofer

Custom built ported box fit to specs of subwoofer

Rockford Fosgate P400.1 Amplifier

Rockford Fosgate Power 5x7

and 6x8

door speakers

Pioneer DEH-P4200UB Headunit

Kicker and clarity don't really belong in the same sentence. I'd suggest you look into some other subs for what you want to do. Kicker cvr's are nice and cheap and get fairly loud. But they don't have great sound quality, so if that is what you are after there are other subs. If you just want to be loud, a 15" on about 500wrms should be loud for the money

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Kicker and clarity don't really belong in the same sentence. I'd suggest you look into some other subs for what you want to do. Kicker cvr's are nice and cheap and get fairly loud. But they don't have great sound quality, so if that is what you are after there are other subs. If you just want to be loud, a 15" on about 500wrms should be loud for the money

But if i wanted to just get the cvrs and put 400 on each it will still be alright? I am looking for a little more loud than clarity and cheap. Any other cheap recommendations? Oh and i currently have two kicker CVT Shallow 8s so im thinking 15s are going to be a difference. Door speakers have all be replaced

Edited by nick23parker

and 6x8

door speakers

You have 1 400w amp...that's not 400 per sub.

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

That amplifier will be fine, nothing wrong with "underpowering" a subwoofer...

And as mentioned before, they will be seeing theoretically 200w each, if the amp does 400 at 2ohm...

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Sorry, I'm new to this. But i guess I'm confused because its a mono amp but it has two speaker channels? Does this mean that one sub on each channel would put out 400 on each? Im not sure why it has 2 channels. The amp birth certificate says 310 x 1 @4 ohms. 520 x 1 @ 2 ohms and like 1500 max.

and 6x8

door speakers

Sorry, I'm new to this. But i guess I'm confused because its a mono amp but it has two speaker channels? Does this mean that one sub on each channel would put out 400 on each? Im not sure why it has 2 channels. The amp birth certificate says 310 x 1 @4 ohms. 520 x 1 @ 2 ohms and like 1500 max.

it is for ease of wiring, just because it has 2 terminals for pos and neg doesnt mean its a two channel.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

if it says it will do 400watts at 2 ohms by 1 channel then it will do 400 watts but if it says 400watts by 2 channels then it will do 400 watts 2 each channel and as for the cvrs man i have them 2 15's and my overall opinion is dont do it man get the cvx's and if you cant afford thoes go with something else man i like them but to be quite frank they suck hard man i am waiting for the day to hear them go i have them at 1 ohm and they are seeing 600 watts each i have bottomed out one and im pretty sure they have been clipped and they have been abused so much but there still holding on i would say they are a good beginner sub cuz they are quite forgiving little bastards

My Build:Blazer Got Bass

HRbsD.png

if it says it will do 400watts at 2 ohms by 1 channel then it will do 400 watts but if it says 400watts by 2 channels then it will do 400 watts 2 each channel and as for the cvrs man i have them 2 15's and my overall opinion is dont do it man get the cvx's and if you cant afford thoes go with something else man i like them but to be quite frank they suck hard man i am waiting for the day to hear them go i have them at 1 ohm and they are seeing 600 watts each i have bottomed out one and im pretty sure they have been clipped and they have been abused so much but there still holding on i would say they are a good beginner sub cuz they are quite forgiving little bastards

Any other suggestions at that price range. I can go a little more expensive. Or would 2 nicer 12s be better because i can provide more adequate power. I think too better powered 12s would be better than 2 under powered 15s. Size doesnt matter without the power

and 6x8

door speakers