Second Skin Audio

15" and two 12"s in one box

I had 2 12's and 2 15's in my Mountaineer for 1 1/2 years and did well with it. lots of vid's of it on my youtube.

did 148.1 on about 3000rms

mine were all the same brand and shared the same motor. Two separate chambers tuned to the same freq at 38hz.

wasnt there someone on here who ran two 15's and two 18's? or something like that either way they ran two different sized subs and it worked, no one ever gave them shit about doing it. how did they do it?

work? of course it will WORK. but my 12"s were louder than that setup when i was running two saz1500s. but either way, just because someone has done it doesnt mean shit does it? otherwise we would all be over 170db because someone did it before.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

wasnt there someone on here who ran two 15's and two 18's? or something like that either way they ran two different sized subs and it worked, no one ever gave them shit about doing it. how did they do it?

In an expedition? I remeber that too

^^Techforce. calls it the frankenstein for that reason i believe.

And they are in 2 different enclosures and hooked up to seperate amps.. which is why he can run it like that, boxes are tuned to different freq. i believe? which expands the musical range he can play..

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

will these all be hooked up to one amp as well?

honestly, i wouldnt do it for a friend. only way i might do this is if its someone i dont really know and they paid me.

Run of 3 different amps. He has a extended cab and plans on taking out the back bench and building a floor( eventually) for the box.

I know it's an odd combo, but it's what he wants and is paying for. I want to have the 15 hit as hard as possible with 12's as fillers.

If I fiberglass the top, will the mojo break or crack it? Even with the proper bracing?

sure fiberglass can crack with that 15" it could also hold it just fine. it all depends on how many layers you do. you should be able to jump on the fiberglass without it breaking.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Fail all over this..

Dont do it. tell him to go to a shop im telling you its not worth it.. especially the route you two are going

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

will these all be hooked up to one amp as well?

honestly, i wouldnt do it for a friend. only way i might do this is if its someone i dont really know and they paid me.

Run of 3 different amps. He has a extended cab and plans on taking out the back bench and building a floor( eventually) for the box.

I know it's an odd combo, but it's what he wants and is paying for. I want to have the 15 hit as hard as possible with 12's as fillers.

If I fiberglass the top, will the mojo break or crack it? Even with the proper bracing?

the mojo wont crack a regular 3/4" MDF... No need to glass MAYBE Double baffle it.... Tell him to sell the CVRs and get another MOJO would be the greatest thing he has ever done

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

In an expedition? I remeber that too

^^Techforce. calls it the frankenstein for that reason i believe.

And they are in 2 different enclosures and hooked up to seperate amps.. which is why he can run it like that, boxes are tuned to different freq. i believe? which expands the musical range he can play..

Exactly. Mixing sub sizes isn't usually the way to go, but he does it a certain way. Both sets of subs cover different frequencies so there really aren't the normal problems you run into with running different subs/sizes. Of course doing it that way you do lose some output compared to other people with similar cone area, but you gain in the range you can play.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

If someone has a mojo they want to sell, then let me know. I sold him the one I had cause I couldn't find any more. I wanted to run 4, but no luck on finding the quad vc anywhere. I just happen to come across a dude selling it and didn't know what he had. Paid $100 for it. Although its not probable, I'm sure it could work. Setting the crossovers to were the 12's cutoff the 15 picks up. He wants the show factor of what it will look like, and it seems like a challenge to me. But to each his own, I'll let him now the new knowledge that has been bestowed upon me and take it from there. Thanks for the input.