Sonic Electronix

This is why you SHOULD use peel n seal for sound deadner...

The P&S debate will always rage on, no doubt about that. To most people it looks the same, feels the same, and applies the same, therefor they come to the conclusion that it is the same, just rebadged and sold at a higher price as "automotive sound deadening". Unfortunately this is true for a few products, which gives the entire automotive sound deadening industry a black eye. People don't know who or what products to trust. So you have a few individuals like myself that spend most of their days going around to forums trying to clear up the misinformation that a few of these companies are spreading.

Having a thin foil (or a foil like layer made of plastic and aluminum) does allow for easier installation and better contouring and a lot of companies tout this as a selling point. However there really isn't a need for a product that conforms easily to curved surfaces. Why? These contoured surfaces have a much lower occurrence of audible resonance (something upwards to 75%-90%) compared to the flat surfaces. So in reality the flat areas are the only places that need treated with a vibration controlling mat.

I've said this once, and I'll say it again, I have used and tested literally every major brand of sound deadening out there. Tar, bitumen, asphalt, rubber, foam, and a combination of any or all of those and there are HUGE performance differences between them. Products ranging from 30-40 mils, all the way up to a little more than a quarter of an inch. Some with thick ass foils, some with plastic or mylar.

The point that I want to get across is there is no reason to use a P&S product as sound deadening. There are well priced, well designed vibration mats out there specifically designed for automotive use that will perform far better.

So you tried Cactus Sounds db blue, Magic mate 400, and Vibraflex or are those not considered major brands?

Cactus Sounds USA Team Captain

Multiple World Record Holders

Man this is like explaining to a kid that just bought a boss amp that it doesn't do 2000watts! He won't understand, he likes his 100 clamped watts so fuck him.

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

So you tried Cactus Sounds db blue, Magic mate 400, and Vibraflex or are those not considered major brands?

Most of these products would not be considered major brands.

the dB Blue, is that even being produced anymore? Last I heard of it was about two years ago when people were asking where can I get some.

You want a list of the products I have or have had/used?

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Peel n seal is the bomb. To all who have had problems with it, must have not installed as the guy in the video shows. lol He covers up the printed side of the 4 sale sign--- So it must go on the exterior. Plus what's with the two batteries hooked up on the drivers side floor board? P&S maybe the great but I'm not taken his word for it.

Most of these products would not be considered major brands.

the dB Blue, is that even being produced anymore? Last I heard of it was about two years ago when people were asking where can I get some.

You want a list of the products I have or have had/used?

UH oh :clapping: I know Jon has quite a few test results to back up his claims..

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

Archived