Sonic Electronix

Check for loose RCAs. What deck are you running? Sub level at 0, "lows" setting at 0. What do you have your gains set to on the amp? Is the bass boost turned up?

RCA's are tight I have a Power Acoustik ptid-8940nrbt. The sub level is at 10/15. I have the bass setting at 3 on the deck. the gain is at 3/4 and the bass knob never goes more than half way up.

bass should be on zero, no bass boost on the amp. and did you set the gain by ear?

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Check for loose RCAs. What deck are you running? Sub level at 0, "lows" setting at 0. What do you have your gains set to on the amp? Is the bass boost turned up?

RCA's are tight I have a Power Acoustik ptid-8940nrbt. The sub level is at 10/15. I have the bass setting at 3 on the deck. the gain is at 3/4 and the bass knob never goes more than half way up.

bass should be on zero, no bass boost on the amp. and did you set the gain by ear?

Ya i did it by ear but it has been at the same level for at least 6 months idk why it would just decide to start sounding shitty

I checked all the wiring even the power and ground under the hood and everything looks to be in order.

I hooked up one sub at a time and each sub sounded distorted individually.

I think I may just listen to it as normal and hope its just a loss in backpressure from the trunk being open <_<

Maybe they are slowly clipping to death.

this. your subs have probably been slowly dying and are just now starting to sound blown.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

just about to say that. damage does not have to occur right away. plus, 'positioning' of a knob (volume, gain, etc) has nothing to do with the output of your amp. your bass knob being halfway up could have been what was killing them

just about to say that. damage does not have to occur right away. plus, 'positioning' of a knob (volume, gain, etc) has nothing to do with the output of your amp. your bass knob being halfway up could have been what was killing them

man that really sucks. . . if only I had a dd-1 lol

so I was doing some looking around and im leaning towards 2 Obsidian 15" D2's - nice on the wallet and I wouldnt have to get a new amp

has anyone heard anything good or bad about obsidian subs?

They are real decent for the price. Nothing but good reviews so far for what they are.

What subs did you have?

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |