Sundown Audio

Mounting amps on box ok?

tonedeaf

That is the very same mount that we use on the fork lifts at work for the computers

2 12" Jeff Vue Customs
1 set MB Quart FSB 216 in doors
1 American Bass 100.1 on sub
1 Hertz EP2 on doors
JVC deck IPOD control
Stock 105 amp alt
DD-1
big 3
new build in Chevy caviler http://www.stevemead...chevy-cavalier/

last set up in the ZX2 http://www.stevemead...-current-build/

old build log http://www.stevemead...-1998-ford-zx2/

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, debt is the money of slaves. Just my .02c

that shop needs keep those doors open so they have to charge for it

if people think 10k is a lot then they should get into other hobbies.. like masturbating, cause any hobby cost money to maintain

Lol no, I'm smarter than that bro haha. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..............go fuck yourself lol

I know its ghetto but for my amps, im going to use the rubber stoppers they have for cabinet doors. It is 1/4 of a inch thick and tough but still flexible. I am going to see how that works with my amps and if they shake too much then ill do something else. What i am doing is taking the amps and putting them on-top of a 1/4 inch high piece of wood and then putting rubber washers on-top of that then screwing the amps down. I have never had problems putting my amps on my box tho. I did that to two different amps (stetsom 2k6d and precision power pc2350) without any problems. The precision power amp would have broken over my stetsom since it had a crap load of buss bars internally and they are usually what snap on amps mounted on the box. The stetsom was flat against my box when i had my 12" solox installed and my precision power pc2350 amp was mounted on a piece of wood that raised the amp up 1/4 of a inch from the box so it could breathe better.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

I've heard of some poeple having problems, but i've done it with success :shrug:

Next time I think i'll use something like one of these tho. Anyone have any experience with this type of Anti-Vibe mount?

I like this kind cause you could mount them to the box via T-nuts, and mount the amp to them with a torx or some uncommon bolt head. (added theft protection. If they want it, they'll get it tho :shrug: )

Where are these found?

I found them on this site http://www.antivibrationmethods.com/Products/AVMounts/PedestalMount/tabid/186/Default.aspx

Im assuming you'd have to email them to buy them. But they look promising items. Jeremy, they seem to be working for the forklift computers? lol

Brandon - Bassless since March 2010. :(

I have nowhere but on the box to put them. Box is double baffled and braced inside but the sides are single layer on 3/4 mdf. The amps are on a second piece of 3/4 mdf slightly bigger than than the amps. turned out very solid and strengthens the box also.

mounting.jpg

on this next one I pulled a ghetto and cut one of those wooden yardsticks they sell at lowes and put a strip under amp along the amps mounting strips. I figure the bottom plate of amp has breather holes and by doing this I figure amp can breath a little better.

mounting1.jpg

this is the 4ch. I could use the wooden yard stick trick on this one too but it was late at night and just wanted to secure it already so it wouldn't be bouncing around while I am driving.

mounting3.jpg

If the pics are to big sorry.

Edited by crunkjuice1

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg