Sonic Electronix

because there is a difference in giving the right advice, and the wrong advice... to have the correct power supply for the amp, would be a optimal 200a alt and a extra batt in the back...

because atleast 50~a is going to your stock electrical system, then that 150 is to keep up with the current demand from your amp.. and if you pull more than 150, you are relying on the batts to put a buffer on it while playing..

but he doesnt understand that...

Oh, my bad DC...that comment wasn't directed towards you. I completely understand where you are coming from, and I agree with you. I was gonna say something, but I didn't feel like wasting time explaining shit to people who are't gonna listen.

Hey guys, I'm listening haha. I learn things everyday! Like I said to the op, I have a bc2000 on stock electrical with the big 3. But my truck has a 140amp alt and two batteries that come stock on diesels. I don't run my amp full tilt because I already know I need a bit of an electrical upgrade.

Op- an upgraded alt is obviously a good idea. But to run your system you are going to need to use a bit of common sense, get some sort of voltage so you can regulate your voltage. If voltage drops at a certain volume or a certain song then turn it down, and plan on some kind of upgrade, try not to tuen it up too loud if your electrical can't handle it, and work your way up until you don't drop. Doing the big 3 allowed me to turn my system up quite a bit more with no drop, and I'm happy with how loud I can get with no drop. I hope to get an HO alt next tho

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

alternator is the last thing I'd even consider upgrading if you're only running 2000watts.

second battery isn't even essential, but would be a good idea simply to reduce/eliminate voltage drop along the cable.

you dont know how big of a alt this guy has, how can you say that?

if hes running 2000 rms clamped power on a 80a alt, he will have voltage drop, how would you go about eliminating that?

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

to have the correct power supply for the amp, would be a optimal 200a alt and a extra batt in the back...

because atleast 50~a is going to your stock electrical system, then that 150 is to keep up with the current demand from your amp.. and if you pull more than 150, you are relying on the batts to put a buffer on it while playing..

Yeah, but how often is a 2000w amp going to be pulling 150 amps? Its not like we drive around listening to sine waves.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

obsidian is similar to sundown sa right? sundown sa's can take 3k+ daily with no prob

Are you serious??? Haha no they can't. I have sa's and oa's and neither can take 3k! Hahahaha they are beasts for sure, but 3k?! Damn man

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Now lets ask what for electrical upgrades will you be doing?

idek :/ a yellow top batt in front, a batt in back if needed idk whhat size, big 3, 0awg power/ground... ima noob

Personally I'd be doing a H/O alt, big 3 in 0 awg, and stick with your yellowtop and go from there.

On a 200A+ alternator and just a single yellowtop my AQ2200 does a fine job. I rarely ever see my voltage go under 13.2 when bumping. And I generally have around 14-14.5V

Why should he spend another 3-400 on a HO alt when all he needs is one decent sized batt?

Stick with the yellowtop and get another for the back If you already have the 1st yellowtop. If not, just try to fit the biggest XS or Kinetik batt under the hood. My stock alt is 118 amps, and with running just my XS D3400 under hood and big 3, my voltage never went under 12.8 running my DC 2k at idle, same goes for running my Crescendo BC2000

12.8/12.6 is resting voltage of the battery....to have decent electrical, you should NEVER get to the resting voltage...

but you and your brother seem to be the electrical experts...

edit

also if you didnt know, its hard as fuck to get past 12.6 on batts, you would have to be drawing a fuck ton of power

but you knew this right?

Dude, get off my fucking case. I dont claim to be an electrical expert or anything, but when driving around and my voltage doesn't drop under 13v, Im happy. You say it's bad to get to the resting voltage of the batt, but what about the people who drop into low 12s and such? I'm pretty sure almost everyone on here would be atleast content with 12.8v when driving or demoing.

So get off my fucking back man.

:rofl:

:wub: N8.

No homo...unless you want there to be. :orly3::ehh:

to have the correct power supply for the amp, would be a optimal 200a alt and a extra batt in the back...

Yeah, but how often is a 2000w amp going to be pulling 150 amps? Its not like we drive around listening to sine waves.

you never know... its quite possible he listens to decaf and bigpimpin, and that shit is close to sine waves in the songs LOL

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Now lets ask what for electrical upgrades will you be doing?

idek :/ a yellow top batt in front, a batt in back if needed idk whhat size, big 3, 0awg power/ground... ima noob

Personally I'd be doing a H/O alt, big 3 in 0 awg, and stick with your yellowtop and go from there.

On a 200A+ alternator and just a single yellowtop my AQ2200 does a fine job. I rarely ever see my voltage go under 13.2 when bumping. And I generally have around 14-14.5V

Why should he spend another 3-400 on a HO alt when all he needs is one decent sized batt?

Stick with the yellowtop and get another for the back If you already have the 1st yellowtop. If not, just try to fit the biggest XS or Kinetik batt under the hood. My stock alt is 118 amps, and with running just my XS D3400 under hood and big 3, my voltage never went under 12.8 running my DC 2k at idle, same goes for running my Crescendo BC2000

12.8/12.6 is resting voltage of the battery....to have decent electrical, you should NEVER get to the resting voltage...

but you and your brother seem to be the electrical experts...

edit

also if you didnt know, its hard as fuck to get past 12.6 on batts, you would have to be drawing a fuck ton of power

but you knew this right?

Dude, get off my fucking case. I dont claim to be an electrical expert or anything, but when driving around and my voltage doesn't drop under 13v, Im happy. You say it's bad to get to the resting voltage of the batt, but what about the people who drop into low 12s and such? I'm pretty sure almost everyone on here would be atleast content with 12.8v when driving or demoing.

So get off my fucking back man.

quit giving retarded ass advice, and sit back and learn... and ill stop telling you you are wrong....

problem solved

Team DC Audio

if hes running 2000 rms clamped power on a 80a alt, he will have voltage drop, how would you go about eliminating that?

considering I'm running a 90amp alternator, with over 3000watts, and have no voltage drop below about 12.5volts, by running a rear battery, I'm quite sure he'll be fine.

that's how I can say that <_<

considering I'm running a 90amp alternator, with over 3000watts, and have no voltage drop below about 12.5volts, by running a rear battery, I'm quite sure he'll be fine.

that's how I can say that <_<

3000 clamped and 3000 max is quite different....

Team DC Audio

Archived