Sonic Electronix

I'm running out to my local bestbuy and grabbing their most reasonable priced 25' RCA Cable they've got. I'll buy two. Right now, the only way there is alternator whine is when the RCA is hooked up to the sub amp...which is leading me to believe bad RCAs, so I'm running out now to go grab some.

First System

2002 Impala LS 3.8L V6, 128,365k miles.

Alternator: DC Power 190Amp H/O Alternator

Headunit: Kenwood KDC-BT945U.

Speakers: MBQuart 6.5" Comps, 6x9 3-way.

Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w

Subwoofers: 2 REAudio SRX12D2 wired to 2 ohm.

Box: 3.1cuft box tuned to 33hz. sealed off to cabin

Big 3- done with all Knukonceptz KCA 0 gauge.

Don't drop below 14.1v at full tilt. :)

It could be the HU putting out the noise though. if your ground is disconnected from your amplifier at a given time, it will try to ground through the RCAs. many amps ground the outer shield of the RCAs internally. the RCA is fused inside the headunit, If this happens, it goes and noise comes. it could also very well be a bad RCA.

MECP MASTER CEA208509

Proud employee of Alarms, ETC in lakeland, FL

ASE certified

2002 Tacoma:

4 RF P3 15s @ 28hz

2 RF T1500-1bdcps

2 pair Kicker QS

4 Pair RF Power 6s

3 RF p400-4

1 RF p200-2

ALP CDA-9887

Is your hu a pioneer?

You didn't even read his post did you?

I'm not sure if Kenwoods have the pico fuse, or have the same issue as the pioneer units and the fuses.

:facepalm: I fail at life

fiaq3-1.jpg

2000 Subaru outback 2.5l

Head Unit: Pioneer deh 4300ub

front stage: tbd

subwoofer: Stock Fi Q 18"

amp: Audio que 1200d

Alright well I just went out and spent $40 on two new pairs of RCAs. Ran them both just from the back of the headunit and then to the amps and the same problems are there. Is it possible that I need to do the ground trick thing like pioneers? or is this headunit a lost cause?

First System

Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w

I would do the ground trick and then see if it helps any. If it doesnt then you can do a final test to take the headunit out of the equation. Take a ipod or similar MP3 player and get a headphone to RCA (female) jack connector. Then connect your rca wire you originally ran to the rear of the vehicle and play music with the engine running. If you hear noise then its not the radio or rca's, its the amps.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

is your big 3 done? that helps w reducing whine. also try running a set of RCAs from the head to the amp just on top of everything in the car dont tuck them so that way you can just test to see if its the RCAs, or the output in the head unit. also check the ground on the radio

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

is your big 3 done? that helps w reducing whine. also try running a set of RCAs from the head to the amp just on top of everything in the car dont tuck them so that way you can just test to see if its the RCAs, or the output in the head unit. also check the ground on the radio

big 3 is completed. I threw the rcas across the center console directly back to the amps didn't tuck them anywhere. the last thing i am going to try tomorrow is grounding to the bolt behind the radio and seeing if that affects it at all.

First System

I would try what i said with the headphone to female rca jack and connect it to a ipod, pc, or anything with a standard headphone jack. I would really do that as a final say in what the problem could be. It would be the easiest to do than checking that ground wire.

This is what you need: http://www.google.com/imgres?q=headphone+to+female+rca&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&tbm=isch&tbnid=sNj2Y9ESdHbi3M:&imgrefurl=http://www.cablewholesale.com/specs/headphone-to-rca-cable/10a1-12206.htm&docid=bfwImxaqNBJG3M&w=380&h=179&ei=8K80TpKmJILEgQeHj6WNDQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=1090&vpy=184&dur=211&hovh=110&hovw=235&tx=133&ty=66&page=2&tbnh=91&tbnw=194&start=19&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:17,s:19&biw=1366&bih=643

just go to a radioshack, best buy, or any other electronics store, they will have these in stock no doubt.

Also when you do it, make sure your ipod volume is down low or you will blast the hell out of your speakers with music, start the volume down low and play something then.

Im 100% sure its your headunit that has a problem, now whether its the ground or just a bad unit idk unless you test the ground wires resistance.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

I would try what i said with the headphone to female rca jack and connect it to a ipod, pc, or anything with a standard headphone jack. I would really do that as a final say in what the problem could be. It would be the easiest to do than checking that ground wire.

This is what you need: http://www.google.com/imgres?q=headphone+to+female+rca&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&tbm=isch&tbnid=sNj2Y9ESdHbi3M:&imgrefurl=http://www.cablewholesale.com/specs/headphone-to-rca-cable/10a1-12206.htm&docid=bfwImxaqNBJG3M&w=380&h=179&ei=8K80TpKmJILEgQeHj6WNDQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=1090&vpy=184&dur=211&hovh=110&hovw=235&tx=133&ty=66&page=2&tbnh=91&tbnw=194&start=19&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:17,s:19&biw=1366&bih=643

just go to a radioshack, best buy, or any other electronics store, they will have these in stock no doubt.

Also when you do it, make sure your ipod volume is down low or you will blast the hell out of your speakers with music, start the volume down low and play something then.

Im 100% sure its your headunit that has a problem, now whether its the ground or just a bad unit idk unless you test the ground wires resistance.

I actually have one of those, I'll go try it right now and report back with what I find. brb

EDIT: Just plugged my iPod using a 3.5mm to Male RCAs into both the mids/highs amp as well as the subwoofer amp and as expected, no noise at all. My last attempt is to not use the ground that the wiring harness is using and ground directly to the frame. I'm going to do that tomorrow morning before I head to work.

ANY other input is greatly appreciated, this really sucks. I thought buying a $250 headunit the first time around would net me longer than 8 months of use...:/

Edited by billy101

First System

Ground the RCA while its hooked up to the HU

or try noise filters

Edited by EVAlonSo

MECP MASTER CEA208509

Proud employee of Alarms, ETC in lakeland, FL

ASE certified

2002 Tacoma:

4 RF P3 15s @ 28hz

2 RF T1500-1bdcps

2 pair Kicker QS

4 Pair RF Power 6s