Sonic Electronix

Had a similar issue with my kenwood HU, had to do the pioneer trick of grounding the RCA's.

I'm really hoping that's all it is. So, basically just strip some 12 or 10 gauge wire of the shielding and wrap it around all the RCAs? and then tighten the ends down to a bolt on the casing correct?

First System

2002 Impala LS 3.8L V6, 128,365k miles.

Alternator: DC Power 190Amp H/O Alternator

Headunit: Kenwood KDC-BT945U.

Speakers: MBQuart 6.5" Comps, 6x9 3-way.

Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w

Subwoofers: 2 REAudio SRX12D2 wired to 2 ohm.

Box: 3.1cuft box tuned to 33hz. sealed off to cabin

Big 3- done with all Knukonceptz KCA 0 gauge.

Don't drop below 14.1v at full tilt. :)

they do sell filters you plug directly to your rca's that eliminate the noise, i used some a while back.

I'm looking for the cheapest and quickest fix right now. I have a lot of things planned the next couple days and this is really a nuisance. but if this doesn't fix it I'll hit up sonic electronix or audiosavings and get some of the ground loop for rcas....

First System

Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w

you can get those ground loop rca's at best buy or radioshack. i know radioshack sells them for sure cuz i worked at both stores.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

you can get those ground loop rca's at best buy or radioshack. i know radioshack sells them for sure cuz i worked at both stores.

Alright, well if this doesn't fix it, or even if it does fix it i'll still pick em up. Can't have clean enough signal right?

First System

This is true. like i said, i have alternator whine in mine but i dont hear it on my speakers when i slam my music (although i just have mids and highs on my truck till next week) and i hear the whine when its just starting to warm the engine up, after its warm it doesnt do it for some odd reason or another.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

This is true. like i said, i have alternator whine in mine but i dont hear it on my speakers when i slam my music (although i just have mids and highs on my truck till next week) and i hear the whine when its just starting to warm the engine up, after its warm it doesnt do it for some odd reason or another.

Alright, well I'm doing the RCA ground thing right now, so I'm really hoping this works.

First System

i had the same problem with my kenwood i got the ground loop things from ebay cleaned it right up i decide to do that because it the wires came loose off my rcas and fell off and i had to take my radio out again it prolly wouldnt get done for a while lol im a lazy mexican