Trying to figure out what kind of helmet this is..

You do know that a normal 'race' helmet will protect in a way a motocross helmet can't?

Going cheap on a helmet is not smart.

I'd say spend atleast 2-3k for protection, it's not like a car you know..

The better the protection the more happy you will be, trust me..

2-3K are you kidding me? Are you talking about a full set of leathers and boots? That's totally unnecessary got daily driving. I'm not saying shorts and flip flops are an option either, but let's not go crazy

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

You do know that a normal 'race' helmet will protect in a way a motocross helmet can't?

2-3K are you kidding me? Are you talking about a full set of leathers and boots? That's totally unnecessary got daily driving. I'm not saying shorts and flip flops are an option either, but let's not go crazy

Yes i'm talking about vest+pants+boots+handgloves. And i wouldn't reccomend leather, synthetics are better.

It's more necessary to have full gear for daily driving instaed of on the race track since you don't have cars,trees,walls,...

FAlling on the race track isn't that hard on you. But if you fall in a street where cars drive or in a corner and hit a wall or when you get hit by another car you will be happy you have full gear.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

You won't see me leave the house without leathers, boots, gloves, and of course helmet. On just a short run to the store (~2 miles) I'm in a Tourmaster Intake Air II jacket, Icon overpants, my boots, gloves, and helmet.

KBC actually makes some good quality helmets for the money, I've sold several when I worked at the bike shop and no one had any complaints.

If you're wanting a new helmet the new Icon Alliance helmets are awesome for the money, also the HJC CL16's... I doubt you're wanting to drop the $$ for a Shoei, Arai, or Suomy. I wear an Icon Airframe Carbon Lifeform and LOVE it, but it's still pretty pricey.

I suggest buying a good quality helmet, but saving the exta money over a Shoei or Arai and using it to buy a good jacket, overpants, and gloves. Your skin will thank you.

I can't stress enough also good boots. Atleast over the ankle, I've seen many people get some nasty foot/ankle injury due to tennis shoes coming off in a wreck.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

I ride motocross and make sure to protect myself from every possible injury with the gear I wear. I wear boots, roost guard, gloves, pants, jersey, knee and shin guards, and special under armor with pads. That being said, I DONT wear a Leatt neck brace or anything like it. It's a total preference thing that I choose not to. It's what youre comfortable wearing or NOT wearing.

That being said, theres no way to tell what the OP would be comfortable wearing. I agree that just because it's a couple mike drive, doesn't mean you don't need to protect yourself properly. It's the same idea as not wearing your seat belt to go the gas station right around. The OP asked a simple helmet question and was redirected or suggested to, that he should buy a bunch more equipment before ever throwing a leg over a bike. Riders all day do fine with helmets only, and still manage to live.

Riding smart and being hyper aware and alert is the best advice to give. A lot of guys get in accidents on bikes that are COMPLETELY victims and couldn't have prevented the accident no matter what. And then there are the riders that ride stupid, we've all seen them. I'd be willing to bet(statistically speaking) that your hot dog, heavy handed throttle jockeys are more often in serious accidents.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I ride motocross and make sure to protect myself from every possible injury with the gear I wear. I wear boots, roost guard, gloves, pants, jersey, knee and shin guards, and special under armor with pads. That being said, I DONT wear a Leatt neck brace or anything like it. It's a total preference thing that I choose not to. It's what youre comfortable wearing or NOT wearing.

That being said, theres no way to tell what the OP would be comfortable wearing. I agree that just because it's a couple mike drive, doesn't mean you don't need to protect yourself properly. It's the same idea as not wearing your seat belt to go the gas station right around. The OP asked a simple helmet question and was redirected or suggested to, that he should buy a bunch more equipment before ever throwing a leg over a bike. Riders all day do fine with helmets only, and still manage to live.

Riding smart and being hyper aware and alert is the best advice to give. A lot of guys get in accidents on bikes that are COMPLETELY victims and couldn't have prevented the accident no matter what. And then there are the riders that ride stupid, we've all seen them. I'd be willing to bet(statistically speaking) that your hot dog, heavy handed throttle jockeys are more often in serious accidents.

My Alpinestars leathers are as comfortable as my everyday clothes. I get what you're saying about comfort, but if it could potentially save your life you can deal with a good bit of discomfort.

When I was doing MX my Leatt was my best friend, it only took 2-3 rides to get used to, and was well worth it. It took longer to get used to my boots then it did my Leatt.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

The helmet is gonna save your life, the leathers are gonna save limbs.

And exactly how will that $600 Arai save his head better than the $200 HJC CL16? Both are good quality helmets, both are dual layered, the Arai's main factor in price is that it is made of lighter material, and is better sealed and quieter. I worked in a bike shop selling these helmets EVERY day, there are decently priced helmets that will do just a good of a job saving your life as the more expensive ones, and leave money for saving your skin. 99% of motorcycle wrecks the helmet does very little, it's human instinct to try to catch yourself which slows head impact, if your head even makes impact at all. Your body will ALWAYS make contact.

Not saying to skimp on a helmet by any means, just saying there is no point in spending all your money on one and skimping on other gear as well.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition