Sonic Electronix

is ohm rise something i need to be concerned about on a daily setup? how can i determine what my ohm rise is and what my amp power output is? sorry for noobie question, i tried to search but couldnt really find anything pertiant i got 2 aq1200d strapped supposed to 2500@2ohm, im running 4 d4 wired down to 2ohm, so im tryin to figure out what my acutal imp will be and actual power output will be.

you can test it using a clamp meter but it really isnt necessary for a daily setup

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

you are probably getting around 1000w on a burp. does that help? pissed me the hell off when i found that out but thats just the way it works.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

How do you lower ohm rise?

small box, big port. but then they are also peaky as shit and suck for daily. or you lower your nominal load and hope you dont burn an amp.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

If your box deigner is good and you tell him/her the power your running and car type they can make the box efficient to limit the rise,

more efficient? a bigger box is more efficient, a smaller box has less rise.