Second Skin Audio

Ok yea i figured damp is very stick just wanted to make sure. And yes it is right above my rear window. I will have to order that up soon but idk how i can get it installed since i am going back to school in 2 weeks f-college. lol. So it will probably sit in my room until i can install it. Would this be bad to do at all or should i just wait until i am ready to get it and then do it.

Lol this is completely up to you. If you have the extra green go ahead I'd say you don't have to put it on all at one time. Just however much you can at a time. The competion deal is only till the 31st thought so thats your call.

I just didnt know if i kept this sitting in my room for half a year if it would do anything bad to it. I could buy them right now actually, money isnt always a problem with me. As for the deal, i dont have much of a need for the speaker tweaker pads as there is no base behind my door speakers and my door speakers sound good as it is, just gotta end the rattle in the doors near where the panel rests on the mount for the speaker (easy fix) and depending how well my truck performs after 2 years of me keeping it, i may deaden the entire truck but i will wait on that since ss is by no means cheap and im not going to throw money at something i cant transfer into another vehicle. lol. My envoy has 106k miles on it but is in great shape so i dont see any problems coming up with it but you never know, it is a gm vehicle we are talking about. rofl!!!

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

I just didnt know if i kept this sitting in my room for half a year if it would do anything bad to it. I could buy them right now actually, money isnt always a problem with me. As for the deal, i dont have much of a need for the speaker tweaker pads as there is no base behind my door speakers and my door speakers sound good as it is, just gotta end the rattle in the doors near where the panel rests on the mount for the speaker (easy fix) and depending how well my truck performs after 2 years of me keeping it, i may deaden the entire truck but i will wait on that since ss is by no means cheap and im not going to throw money at something i cant transfer into another vehicle. lol. My envoy has 106k miles on it but is in great shape so i dont see any problems coming up with it but you never know, it is a gm vehicle we are talking about. rofl!!!

All true (especially the gm part) lol jk. I don't think there is a prob with it setting. I mean it sets in cars for years and doesnt ever go bad so setting at room temp wouldn't be bad I'm sure.

FYI its much cheaper to get a bulk pack vs 3 door packs and you only loose out on 2.5 sq ft for almost $25 less. You may also want to look into just the 20sq ft of alpha damp or even better 40sq. Lastly id pick up a sheet of overkill and put it anywhere the plastic is going to touch the metal double layer on the clips as well

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Nice, glad some people are helping me answer these questions. :)

Just a wee bit more info before you purchase anything.

Multiple layers of an CLD product is not necessary. 100% coverage is the maximum anyone would ever need and even that is rarely ever needed.

25% panel coverage is about all you need.

With 50% coverage you typically only see a decrease in sound loss of only 2-3 decibels over 25% coverage.

With 100% coverage, you will only see another 2 decibels over 50% coverage.

So the difference between covering a panel 25% vs 100% is about 5-6 decibels at best.

Most people end up going with 25%-50% coverage as that seems to be the sweet spot.

And I second what emp said. :)

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Alright, that sounds great. I will have to get some of this next year though since i know i cant get it installed before i go back to school and ill be damned if i will do this in the winter, lol.

Thank you for your help with this guys, i appreciate it.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

I would totally get some right now if i can get it at my door before the week of the 29th since thats when i start college again (fml) if i can get it by then, i will sure as hell take up on getting some of your great deadener for my truck.

Let me know if this is possible and i will do it, if not then it will have to wait until the spring/summer until i have more free time and am not in classes or in the freezing cold trying to work.

alpha damp maybe maybe not but i would also assume it will be gone by srping as well

damp pro shouldnt have a problem making that deadline thou. I've had very good luck with second skin and speedy shipping. the only time i've seen people complain is around national holidays and such (some people are retarded)

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Nice, glad some people are helping me answer these questions. :)

Just a wee bit more info before you purchase anything.

Multiple layers of an CLD product is not necessary. 100% coverage is the maximum anyone would ever need and even that is rarely ever needed.

25% panel coverage is about all you need.

With 50% coverage you typically only see a decrease in sound loss of only 2-3 decibels over 25% coverage.

With 100% coverage, you will only see another 2 decibels over 50% coverage.

So the difference between covering a panel 25% vs 100% is about 5-6 decibels at best.

Most people end up going with 25%-50% coverage as that seems to be the sweet spot.

And I second what emp said. :)

but if hes doing it to quite the rattling due to the sub wouldn't more be necessary? Ive always sorta wondered that.