Second Skin Audio

Is it worth doing anything special to the inside of a sealed enclosure?

Due that thing justice and put it a ported box. That thing Is sexy. but as far as the interior of a sealed box I doubt smoothing it would do anything. But polyfill would be interesting or maybe second skin?????

I might be completely wrong with this but isn't sound deadener supposed to help stop rattles and avoid resonance? don't you want resonance in a sub box? like I said, I might be completely wrong.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Polyfill will flatten out your response curve, but just a little. It will also reduce standing waves that tend to color the sound a bit.

All my first enclosures were sealed, as I didn't have the balls to go ported. I will never go sealed again. With the subs I've used in the past, they all seemed to like vented boxes better, especially when really reaching for SPL. Sealed tends to get muddy when you push it but vented just keeps on going.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Polyfill will flatten out your response curve, but just a little. It will also reduce standing waves that tend to color the sound a bit.

All my first enclosures were sealed, as I didn't have the balls to go ported. I will never go sealed again. With the subs I've used in the past, they all seemed to like vented boxes better, especially when really reaching for SPL. Sealed tends to get muddy when you push it but vented just keeps on going.

I noticed the muddy part about sealed enclosures, using different frequency test tones at least in the two sealed boxes i've tested with every click on the volume on the HU there's a completely different sound on the same frequency, in ported it just keeps getting louder and louder while staying clean, ported FTMFW!!!

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Until I can have a ported enclosure that stays relatively flat from 30-50Hz, I want to try sealed. All of my previous (L-ported) boxes have some massive output spike in the 30s, and don't put out nearly as much above or below that.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Until I can have a ported enclosure that stays relatively flat from 30-50Hz, I want to try sealed. All of my previous (L-ported) boxes have some massive output spike in the 30s, and don't put out nearly as much above or below that.

T-Line

http://www.stevemead...torial-updated/

EDIT: You can also build your box a little bigger than recommended then tune a little lower. Takes some experimentation depending on the cabin gain curve of your car. Try loading your specs in WinISD Beta to see what you might get.

Edited by srp365

2007 Pacifica

4th orders if done right have a fairly flat response and a strong bandpass width

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

Um, since your woofer is being built custom, you might not have the T/S for it yet to use WinISD, so forget I said that...

2007 Pacifica