First motorcycle. Good deal or not?

I'm just especially sketchy about the title issues. You're not far from my area, look on the Atlanta craigslist. You can typically find good older gixxers cheap. I'd highly recommend a full fairing SV650 to learn on, awesome bikes that you won't grow tired of fast.

Same here, I'm going to ask him about it right now.. And I don't have a trailer to haul one from far away. How would I go about getting one? Driving with a friend and letting him take my car back while I drive the bike? That's the only thing I can think of right now haha.

I know next to nothing about bikes, but isn't 32k miles really high for a bike?

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I'm looking on the atlanta craigslist, and I see tons of what I consider good deals.. There's really nothing over here in SC.. NC had alot of bikes that I'm looking for too. There's not a single SV650 listed here.

I know next to nothing about bikes, but isn't 32k miles really high for a bike?

Nope. If it was taken care of 60-80k is possible. My old 02 R1 had 46k on it when I sold it, my 03 XB9R had 37k, my buddy is still riding my 01 F4i that had 67k on it when I sold it, heck my current R1 is up to 20k.

It's just like a car if taken care of. Problem is most get a bad reputation for not lasting due to people buying them, beating the crap out of them without doing any maintenance, then wondering why they fall apart at 6k.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

I'm looking on the atlanta craigslist, and I see tons of what I consider good deals.. There's really nothing over here in SC.. NC had alot of bikes that I'm looking for too. There's not a single SV650 listed here.

Atlanta always has pretty decent deals. Usually Birmingham has some CRAZY deals (My 05 R1 Raven was at a dealership with 2,100 miles on it in 09 when I bought it for $4,500). Just find a buddy with a trailer, or just find a buddy to drive you and you ride back.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

I was thinking that as well DJ. And Designs, thanks for pointing out the windscreen was missing. I didn't even notice that.. :S

I'll ask him about that too.

What would be a GOOD price to buy THIS bike for? Because $2k was my first offer. I can probably knock him down some more.

I was thinking that as well DJ. And Designs, thanks for pointing out the windscreen was missing. I didn't even notice that.. :S

I'll ask him about that too.

What would be a GOOD price to buy THIS bike for? Because $2k was my first offer. I can probably knock him down some more.

Without looking at it up close and being able to check it over I'd be afraid to say. I'd never buy a bike without a title in my hand when I left with it though. Lost title, or salvage pending rebuild can get to be more of a pain than it's worth before you ever get to ride it.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

He said the only other thing missing is the windscreen which he doesn't have. He said he thought they were about $40.. I'm still figuring out about this title though.. That didn't really catch my eye as much as it is now that you said something about it.

Archived