CleanSierra Posted August 8, 2011 Report Posted August 8, 2011 My cousin has a newer 250R ninja and he loves it. He lives In a really rural area in Indiana, and it suits him. Kawasaki has done a real good job making that 250 look like the bigger 600. The rear tire is the big giveaway that it's a small bike, and general size. He(my cousin) bought his from the dealership new for like $2995 I think. They arent bad for first bikes but people usually grow out of them fast. They are actually the number one selling bike in the USA! You realize this IS the OP's first bike he's wanting yes? Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
727Designs Posted August 8, 2011 Report Posted August 8, 2011 I've never been a fan of the way Hondas turn(street or dirt). Suzuki and Kawi have, IMO, the best turning bikes out there. Kawi's are probably the worst handling sportbikes stock. My F4i handled GREAT, and the new RR's handle awesome. Suzuki is ehhh, great power but just not my style in he turns. Yamaha has the handling figured out. Of course none of your early 2000's bikes will handle as well as any of the newer sportbikes. Also tires/tire psi/tire temp, and rider have ALOT to do with handling; and everyone has their own personal preference. It's amazing how everyone has their preferences. I never have felt real comfortable on a Honda. They are VERY well built bikes and a pleasure to work on compared to Suzukis. What did you ride on dirt? What was your setup for motocross? Sorry for thread jack.... Started on an 04 CRF250, went to an 05 RM-Z450 and an 01 CR250R. Then switched to quads. Did ATV MX on a Laegers framed 440ex, then to a 05 YFZ450 before going to XC racing. Don't even want to start that list. Lol -Zach-2010 Toyota TundraFull Hybrid Audio SQ 7" BDS on 37's 2000 Ford Expedition 160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD-
CleanSierra Posted August 8, 2011 Report Posted August 8, 2011 I had an 05 CRF250X and it was built SOOOO much better than the Suzuki RM 125 I had just before it. I never liked the Honda's turning. I've ridden the 450 and it was more flickable in a turn than the Honda was. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
727Designs Posted August 8, 2011 Report Posted August 8, 2011 Just for shits and giggles here are some of my old & current bikes: -Zach-2010 Toyota TundraFull Hybrid Audio SQ 7" BDS on 37's 2000 Ford Expedition 160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD-
TLEJ Posted August 8, 2011 Author Report Posted August 8, 2011 Nice..! Well I found a 97 CBR 600 with 58k miles for $1500.. I knocked him down to it. Low as he will go. Should I go for it or not?
Team_DC-Derrick Posted August 8, 2011 Report Posted August 8, 2011 http://greenville.craigslist.org/mcy/2510660603.html thats alot of miles, i know, but its a decent bike, and from what ive seen yamahas are very durable bikes, its why i got a R6 The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube Team DC Audio where theres a will theres a wall....... I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones
TLEJ Posted August 8, 2011 Author Report Posted August 8, 2011 Already contacted him, he sold it. I've honestly looked at about every sports bike in the 3000 and below range on Greenville's craigslist. Ok how about this, I forgot about this bike. 95 CBR 600 25k and a f4i digital gauge cluster for $1100. It's just missing the plastics.. I found a full fairing kit on ebay for about $500.. Should I do it?
Yzf7steve Posted August 8, 2011 Report Posted August 8, 2011 I've been talking to the guy for a while and he says -2002 GSXR 750 -32000 Miles -Runs great just out shop -Over $1000 in parts plus over $1500 in extra mods -Title is messsed up so I will sale with bill of sale and all paperwork I have Says he needs to sell for bills and to get a truck. I've offered him $2000, and he said when can I come get it.. I realize this bike is worth more than that, but what should I do? This is my first bike, and I don't know what to look for.. This seems almost like a steal. He also said he has the mirrors and he'd put them on before he sold it to me. Any input? I have to say man that bike looks thrashed. It doesn't have a windshield and that is a cheap looking aftermarket paint job which usually means its been down. I wouldn't buy it if it were me. I've been riding, buying, and selling sportbikes since 1993. It's up to you but I would look for something that is a little less trashed with fewer miles. Like I said from the pictures it looks like a turd. Just my opinion though. One thing to remember repairing these things are not cheap....at all. So even if it has a few things wrong mechanically your into this thing for the price of a nicer one. 2005 Ford Five Hundred 1 EMF Banhammer 15" Orion XTR 4000.1 Alpine MRP-F300 4 channel Pioneer AVH-X3800BT
Team_DC-Derrick Posted August 8, 2011 Report Posted August 8, 2011 http://greenville.craigslist.org/mcy/2500475779.html plastics on ebay depending on the bike are roughly 500~ http://greenville.craigslist.org/mcy/2515765811.html http://greenville.craigslist.org/mcy/2515231030.html http://greenville.craigslist.org/mcy/2511507545.html http://greenville.craigslist.org/mcy/2510561371.html The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube Team DC Audio where theres a will theres a wall....... I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones
727Designs Posted August 8, 2011 Report Posted August 8, 2011 http://asheville.craigslist.org/mcy/2528266069.html What about that one? That black CBR you posted looks pretty rough, sure they can run forever but you don't want something that's in shit shape to start with. http://greenville.craigslist.org/mcy/2536749934.html http://greenville.craigslist.org/mcy/2503510944.html <---Sweet deal if it's in good shape http://greenville.craigslist.org/mcd/2461501091.html http://asheville.craigslist.org/mcy/2534877348.html http://greenville.craigslist.org/mcy/2494020632.html -Zach-2010 Toyota TundraFull Hybrid Audio SQ 7" BDS on 37's 2000 Ford Expedition 160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD-
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.