Sundown Audio

Amp Damage

keezerz28

Okay guys so heres the low down, I have four Db Drive pd2000.1 amps. I've had these amps a long time and they're some of the best that i've owned... don't really care for anyone else's opinions on them. I recently let a friend borrow one and when i gave it to him it was in brand new condition and got it back with some pretty crappy looking speaker terminals. All corroded and the screws are stripped out. I planned on using these in the build i have planned for my 1998 Chevy Silverado but its nearly impossible to use now.. any help as to what i could do would be great! I'm pretty upset about this.

Okay guys so heres the low down, I have four Db Drive pd2000.1 amps. I've had these amps a long time and they're some of the best that i've owned... don't really care for anyone else's opinions on them. I recently let a friend borrow one and when i gave it to him it was in brand new condition and got it back with some pretty crappy looking speaker terminals. All corroded and the screws are stripped out. I planned on using these in the build i have planned for my 1998 Chevy Silverado but its nearly impossible to use now.. any help as to what i could do would be great! I'm pretty upset about this.

kick friends ass , or make replace it , does amp still work ?

kick friends ass , or make replace it , does amp still work ?

lol X2, for the first part haha.. what a D bag .. just be like hey can i borrow yout car to get groceries? then open the door on a pole and say oops here you go... sorry

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

Get a hold of these guys: http://db-r.com/ then send it in and make your friend pay for it.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

x3 man. Sorry to hear that happened. How long did he keep the amp for the terminals to get corroded? Maybe call the amp company and hope they have some replacement speaker terminals and replacement screws instead of having to come out of your own pocket to buy yet another amp? Some people need to learn how respect equipment and other peoples stuff.

@Autruche made a good point though

Edited by 252chevyboyz

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

some pics of the speaker terminals would be help full.

WARNING: I speak 4 languages, profanity, English, sarcasm & real shit

2003 ford explorer

2 RF T1 D4 15s in a 6.8 cubic ft box

1 T1500.1bdcp

250amp ALT by Mike Singer

2 runs of 0 gauge

3 yellow tops

Yeah it still works just not as efficiently as it could ya know? I've hooked up all of his systems and build him boxes for nothing.. he's gona pay for it or find my size 13 shoe up his a**. He had the amp for about 6 months. I'll check out the website and here's some pictures of it.. 6181f1e6.jpg

298fda55.jpg

369d572d.jpg