why must parents lie so much

My parents never gave me assistance with anything. I paid my way ever since i was 16, yes i lived at my parents till 18 but never the less i have been on my own. I'm now 22 and wouldn't trade it for anything. Yes they told you they would buy you a decent vehicle when you got better then needed grades, but you at least need to be thankful for what you have. If you didn't have a job though high school no offense but you kind of need to expect it. For most something is better than nothing. I mean i worked my ass off while getting what grades you got for no assistance, let alone a car. Quit being a brat and welcome to life. btw i didn't read any-other reply's. Put a system in it or sell it when you actually have a job like the rest of us and make it yours. :drinks:

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

ok look i might be whiny but i bet i work harder half the people my age and i bet i do more some people my age. i aint saying im a role model and im not saying to be like me. but its not just my generation. whenever there were teens there was rebellion and disrespect for authority. so you cant just say we are whinier than your generation for example because it has always happened.

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

ok look i might be whiny but i bet i work harder half the people my age and i bet i do more some people my age. i aint saying im a role model and im not saying to be like me. but its not just my generation. whenever there were teens there was rebellion and disrespect for authority. so you cant just say we are whinier than your generation for example because it has always happened.

You say you work harder then most your age? I would like to hear what it is that you do on a daily basis if you care to post.

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

You say you work harder then most your age? I would like to hear what it is that you do on a daily basis if you care to post.

ok i get up at 6:00am. walk to school and get there about 6:30. i go absorb knowledge in the school library until 7:25 when my first class starts. i get out of school at 11:15. then i walk to work and get there about 11:40ish i work in the heat in a welding shop from 12ish until 5:30 6:00. i go home and do chores and tasks until i go to bed about 9pm or 10 pm. on the weekends i either pick up spare work around the shop or i do odd jobs like cleaning peoples yards cutting grass moving things etc etc

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

Looks like you taking it up the butt dry from everyone on here lol.

Here's my two cents worth. I 100% agree with you on the fundamental level that you seem to be upset. They lied to you. Of all the people that you should feel safe to rely on and trust, it should definitely be your parents. Sorry they chose to make a selfish decision to go back on what they said. They apparently do not value honesty.

You have it harder than I did. My parents don't make 170k combined, but still provided everything for me, including a car. Even though it is not the nicest ever, I have made the best of it and have made it mine. I'm appreciative for what I get. You'll just have to accept the car you've been given.

Try this. Get pumped about having a car. No more walking to work or school. You have transportation for you and your buddies. And you also have a ride to work on. Fix that POS front bumper, and any other damage yourself. Then, WALL THAT BITCH and put some 18's in it. Seriously, it's an ordinary car, so make it special.

There's so much more I could say because I'm long winded, but just do what you can with it. One day, you'll be on your own making your own decisions and paving your own roads. Just try to maintain a healthy relationship with your parents. I can vouche for this from my own personal experiences. You will need them even as an adult.

PS: I turn 18 in 3 days. I'm not much older than you. So don't think of me as an adult preaching to you. I'm your equal.

2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz

Bro, they gave you a car...be happy with it.

Some peoples parents cant give their kids a car. Although they want the absolute best for their kids. They just cant. Hell, some parents cant afford to keep food on the table.

A LOT of people don't get handed shit. At-least you have parents who care... and clearly they care a lot.

You might not know it now, but that 3.5GPA is going to help you later in life.

You say your dad makes 170k a year, first I wonder how you know that, but second, if its true ( which im not doubting ) but do you think he just slid by in school with C's? IMO he did pretty good in school, most likely went to a decent college and earned that 170k a year.

Shits not usually just handed to you bro, you gotta earn it.

Maybe that 3.5 didn't pay off right now...but in the future when your in your high 20s maybe 30s you'll look back and not only thank yourself, but you'll thank them as well.

Keep up the good work man. I wish I could have made a 3.5gpa in my schooling... Trust me, I am paying for it now.

3d7304fe.jpg

1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800

(4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200

XS D6500 $245.65

PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430

Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60

Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85

A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!

That's nothing dude, I wake up at four cook breakfast for my little brother,get him ready then drive him to school (with the car I paid for) work a 12 hour shift come home help him with homework, cook him dinner, clean up usually from 8-10 get him asleep and by then I'm dead tired, I'm 18 years old and can guarantee you that your just the average ungrateful prick of a teenager our generation has created, don't act like lifes hard cause you have a job and go to school cuz that's the world, guess what if you want a good job you got a few years left of that schedule

~This is added to the post you have just read:

I appreciate everything you guys do, and I hope you understand how much it matters to have people like you helping me learn

thanks so much

~Check my youtube for my music and my car audio: http://www.youtube.com/1ohmstable

~Rip dustin 7-11-09

Memorial build log: http://www.stevemead...memorial-build/

My parents just said "save your money, one day it will be your down payment on a house." I didn't listen of course but man I wish I had. I paid for half of my jeep and I was lucky. I am also lucky that I am still living under their roof at 21 but I am about to go back to school, get my degree, and start making money to get that house. I have the motivation now to get out of my house but I slacked for years. You already have motivation and good grades at 17 so you are going to be doing your own thing in another year or two.

What does your dad do making 170k a year?

This has turned into a "who's nuts are bigger" contest. Lol. Like it has been stated, its not good that your parents lied...but to be honest, I don't think you are being completely honest here either. We all know everyone stretches the truth a little bit. ON a second note, CHORES? You really think that counts as hard work? Chores are about as important as wiping your ass...yeah, its work, but it don't count. They are something that has to be done on a daily basis. Just wait till you get on your own...it gets alot worse. Just look at is as your cup half full, and fix the car up. As long as it runs good, then its good. You can always make it look good.

And on a side note, I could understand you being pissed about your dad burnin up the tranny in the old truck. Sounds like something my dad would have done...and TRUST ME, my parents are complete assholes!

mivtCK.png

Archived