Sonic Electronix

This is not a VS thread, I just wanted some input on reliability and what you think fits my application better, NOT which sub is better. I want to make that clear...

My box:

2.7 (after displacement) Cubes tunes to 30 hz, 15in^2 port area per cube

Amp: AQ 2200d

Alt: 200A @ 900 RPM custom

Wiring: all 0 AWG and big 3

So I can either go for a Fi BL 12, no options dual 2 ohm coils as a trade for my Mojo 15" quad coil, or I can wait to sell the Memphis and buy a new HDC3 copper 12.

How is the overall reliability of each? Which would better handle my power and application?

The AQ2200d obviously can do a under rated 2200 RMS @ 1 ohm...

Thoughts? I trust you guys, some really know their shit! :popcorn:

Edited by jmilch

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

3.5 cubes is way too big for just one 12". just get a 15 again theyre not that much more. both subs will like that power and sound good too. its up to u and what u want to get

2007 caliber

2 Fi ssd 18's

rd audio 3250

xs power d3100 (need 2 more)

stock alt (soon to be singer 350a)

2.75:1 4th order in progress!

3.5 cubes is way too big for just one 12". just get a 15 again theyre not that much more. both subs will like that power and sound good too. its up to u and what u want to get

Do you have experience with both subs? Because I know my BL hated when I gave it 2k. And mine was fully loaded.

I would go with the AQ for your power. But build the box smaller.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Do you have experience with both subs? Because I know my BL hated when I gave it 2k. And mine was fully loaded.

I would go with the AQ for your power. But build the box smaller.

After displacement its 2.7 cu ft, I just fixed the original post.

It sounds great with the 2 subs I have tried so far... but I wanted something a step higher..

Edited by jmilch

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

Guy just texted and said the BL is fully loaded, and brand new still in the shipping box..... change any opinions?

He said it's the 4" coil.

How can I tell by looking at it?

Saying 3.5 cubes is way too big for just one 12 is an overly broad generalization. Those are dangerous, no matter where you go. And from the reading I've been doing, that may not necessarily be the case.

And he's already built the box. And is trying to downsize from a 15.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Saying 3.5 cubes is way too big for just one 12 is an overly broad generalization. Those are dangerous, no matter where you go. And from the reading I've been doing, that may not necessarily be the case.

And he's already built the box. And is trying to downsize from a 15.

THanks man for pointing that out to him. You are exactly right man. :drinks:

And there are plenty of 12's that can enjoy around 3 cubes and be very happy.

Edited by jmilch