All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

I would say it depends on your application. I dont think you said whether you were focusing on loudness or moderate loudness with decent sound quality. From what I've read, people gripe that the AQ subs have a "hollow" sound, which has kept me away from AQ. I have never personally owned a BL, but I do own an Fi Q currently and am satisfied with the sound quality in my low power application. I would model both subs with WinIsd with your box size and see which response curve you like based upon your listening tastes.

My $.02.

what is your goal for this set up? what kind of music do you mostly play?

HDC will work in that size enclosure, but tuning is too low to get the most out of it.

BL will be more bottom heavy, so if you mostly listen to low stuff that might be a better choice. It might also be boomy on rock and other music, so that might take some EQ work.

The HDC has a tight punchy sound and isn't boomy on the low end which some call hollow sounding compared to other subs. They will play low like any sub out there, but they aren't low end monsters.

I've had a 15" Q in the wife's car for about 4 years now, so I've heard it on every type of music. It hits hard on rap, but I prefer the HDC for rock, hip hop as her set up is a little boomy IMO.

Not sure how the BL would do in an enclosure that big, might reduce power handling some and make the bottom end even more pronounced.

If possible try to get out and hear both subs and see what you think...

Thanks guys!

Fully loaded BL for the win! I am the proud new owner!!

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

Congrats, hope it suits your wants nicely.

Thanks dude!! Its a BEAST

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

Guest grim83

well heres my .02 cents. if the bl gets stinky on the 2k just back it down some 2.7 is much larger than i would have gone and also thats not alot of port but you should be fine. the amp is capable of 2k doesnt mean you need to squeeze out every last drop just set the gains more conservatively and in the end the power will be a bit "cleaner"

well heres my .02 cents. if the bl gets stinky on the 2k just back it down some 2.7 is much larger than i would have gone and also thats not alot of port but you should be fine. the amp is capable of 2k doesnt mean you need to squeeze out every last drop just set the gains more conservatively and in the end the power will be a bit "cleaner"

15 in^2 per cube should be decent, but I wont try killing it. I just want it to sound good, I don't need to use up every bit of juice :drinks: Thanks for the info man I appreciate it