Sundown Audio

help with my RF t1500-1 bdcp please

ok for my amplifire i have a t1500-1 bdcp 1768 rms at 2 ohm and 1922 at 1 ohm via birth sheet. i also have 2 rockford fosgate t1 d2 12 800 rms each.

the thing is i know these subs can be run at 1 ohm and the amp is capable of this issue is how?? right know each sub has its own pair of 8 gauge wires 1 being in A and the other being in B.

on the voice coils i have a choice of running them in 4 ohm or 1 ohm for the fuse on the sub itself. i have done what rockford recommended which is make each sub to 4 ohm with the fuse the run each sub into proper terminals the way i have it now.(SEE PIC)

IMG_3515-1.jpg

but im pretty sure i can run them at 1 ohm what are your thoughts and concerns?? about setting it up this way??

thanks for all your input!!

http://www.stevemead...f-system-build/

2001 VW GTI with a 1.8T motor

BIG 3

Pioneer AVH-4200DVD DOUBLE DIN HEAD UNIT 6 - 4 VOLT PREOUTS

RF T1500-BDCP (running at 2 ohm)

RF T400.4

RF T1 D212 x2 (in ported box)

RF 1/0 TO 4 GAUGE distribution block x 2

all stinger wires

200a alternator (SINGER ALT)

RF T2652-S (6.5 MID BASS AND 1" TWEETS in front and rear)

KINETIC HC 800 BATTERY (Front)

KINETIC HC 1200 BATTERY (BACK)

120ft of 1/0 stinger blue and clear matt

20ft of 4 gauge stinger blue and clear matt

30ft of 8 gauge stinger blue and clear matt

100ft of 12 gauge stinger speaker wire black

You need to run each woofer at 1 ohm. Then run all the wires to the amp. The amp will then see two one ohm loads, which equals a two ohm load. So each sub will be receiving 884 watts RMS before rise. I hope this helps.

"If you're new. Stay away from 4000 watts please." C-Fizzy

^^^ or two d1s

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

You need to run each woofer at 1 ohm. Then run all the wires to the amp. The amp will then see two one ohm loads, which equals a two ohm load. So each sub will be receiving 884 watts RMS before rise. I hope this helps.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. i cant stress this enough. re-read your wiring diagrams before you post info. 2 D2 woofers can only be wired to half ohm, 2 ohms, or 8 ohms. and btw, when a monoblock has 2 sets of speaker terminals, the amp automatically PARALLELS (HALVES) the ohm load when using all 4 terminals.

Edited by Kranny

You can only run the subs at .5 ohms, 2 ohms, or 4 ohms. If you wire each sub in parallel, it will mean each sub is down to 1 ohm. Now having two 1 ohm loads, the amp will take half of that and make it a half ohm. This is dangerous for your amp in a daily scenario.

Now if you wired the subs in series, you can make each sub get a 4 ohm load. Now with two subs, your amp will see half the resistance and only put out power at 2 ohms.

You cannot get any more power out of your amp unless you do like cleansierra said and buy a dual 4 ohm voice coil. If you did that, you would need to wire each sub in parallel and then connect it to your amp. It would then see a 1 ohm load and you will be getting almost 2kw of power to them.

Dont do what i did and wire down lower than a rating you should be at for an amp. Granted my amps can take .5 ohm loads per amp, its supposed to be at 1 ohm strapped minimum. There is a lot of math and tools needed to find out if you can drop your amp down to a lower rating than it is capable of running. Plus you need electrical to back it up. Too much time, money, and experience to just jump into so DONT DO IT!! Just leave it how it is at 2 ohms or buy a dual 4 ohm coil config of the same sub and then get it to 1 ohm.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress