Jump to content

installing peel n seal


Recommended Posts

Posted

I've heard of multi-peel n seal layers working... like 4 or 5 layers but as long as its not asphalt based its ok that shit will stink your whip up

Kenwood KIV-BT900

Front Stage

RF 400-4 Runs off dedicated 4 awg ofc

RE 6.5 125.5.

Lanzar Max Pro 6.5

Boston S60 6.5 components

Rear

Soundstream BX-15

Boston S60 6.5 components

4x Sundown SA8 v1.5

Crescendo BC3500D

2.4 net 28hz

4 runs of 0 gauge

Big 3

HC2400

700ca up front

Singer 350 Amp Alt

No deadener :/

Scytek Galaxy Alarm

Posted

NO one is going to get flamed. If people dont want to listen then they dont listen. If they want to be dumb and jump off a bridge then let them jump off a bridge. That way I can sit back in laugh. While you're at Home Depot or at Lowes picking up peal and seal you should pick up some extension cord wire as well. Just use multiple runs since you are in the process of saving money. I mean copper wire is copper wire right? Im sure with multiple runs of extension cord wire you will still be able to power your system. I wouldnt know if you would need a heat gun or not, I would ask a roofer that uses it on a roof what they use to apply the stuff. Good Luck!

:ninja:

FTMFW!

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Posted

the way i would apply it is take the paper backing off then fold it in half so both sides are stuck together so that it doesnt get asphalt anywhere and then use the sharp aluminum edge to open your second skin box

Or to be semi fair and not vendor nut ride, you could use (any number of other reputable brands besides secondskin) that do a great job also. But no P&S

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

Posted

NO one is going to get flamed. If people dont want to listen then they dont listen. If they want to be dumb and jump off a bridge then let them jump off a bridge. That way I can sit back in laugh. While you're at Home Depot or at Lowes picking up peal and seal you should pick up some extension cord wire as well. Just use multiple runs since you are in the process of saving money. I mean copper wire is copper wire right? Im sure with multiple runs of extension cord wire you will still be able to power your system. I wouldnt know if you would need a heat gun or not, I would ask a roofer that uses it on a roof what they use to apply the stuff. Good Luck!

:ninja:

i thought you were gonna get mad at people for being mean or some shit at first i was like really??

but then the ask the roofer line and especially the extension cord example lol that shits so funny

i legit laughed out loud!

JonSig1_zpsaea3e8d2.gif

 

Contact us for the best quality cables and accessories with the fastest shipping in the industry

EMAIL: [email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

LIKE US ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/SkyHighCarAudio

ADD ME ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/jon.rabe.1

MONSTER SKY HIGH/DC GMC: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/127057-sky-high-monster-gmc-walk-through-12-lvl-5-15s-6-9ks-trim-panels-and-wiring-p-90/

 

Posted

so how many sq' is a role of peal and seal

The real question is, how many DBEEEZ do I get per roll?

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

Posted

it works if your running low power system. I used it on my trunk.

I can't see or hear a difference.

The "tone" of the rattle is lower, but it's still annoying as fuck. Especially for as many layers as you added.

No, P&S does not work.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8845 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...