1/0 power and 4 gauge grounds.

I'm going to be running about 12 feet of power wire, then a fused distro block with 4 gauge to the amps. Do I need a 1/0 gauge ground wire and distro block, or can I just run 4 gauge straight from the amps to the same bolt? <_<

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

I'm going to be running about 12 feet of power wire, then a fused distro block with 4 gauge to the amps. Do I need a 1/0 gauge ground wire and distro block, or can I just run 4 gauge straight from the amps to the same bolt? <_<

i think youd be fine with the 4guage. i did that for my 4 channel.

i used a 1/0 power to a fuse then 4 guage from the amp and 4g ground. way i see it your amp is only going to take as much power as it needs. as long as your fuse is the right size you should be fine

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

If you have 1/0 going to the power input of the amp, then you need 1/0 grounds. And vice-versa.

what about in my case. am i wrong for doing what i did?

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

you should use the same size wire for both. If its 1/0 power, you NEED 1/0 ground, otherwise your smaller ground wire is going to limit the power going thru the wire, and will limit the wattage made by the amp, resulting in a much quieter setup.

The ground wire is just as important as the power wire!!

You're fine with the 4 gauge. there is 4 gauge to the amps, and so 4 would be fine. if 4 gauge limited the ground, then it would also limit the power wire also.. geeez! lol

okay lol. i thought i did it right. id say its lazyness to run 1/0 power to the amp and 4g ground it lol

Archived