Sundown Audio

alpine vs audio pipe

new guy

8 members have voted

1. 1. 2 alpine mrp 500 vs audio pipe 1500?

• alpine
    • audio pipe

what voice coil you have for the L7? d2 or d4?

if its a d4...ALPINE

if its a d2...NEITHER, get SUNDOWN, or even AUDIOQUE amp. better for the money.....

its a d2 thanks for reminding me about that, that was almost a big mistake. any suggestions for amps 200$>

Edited by new guy

*current*

1991 honda crx si

2 skar audio 12s

pioneer 6.5s

dual 400 watt amp

audio technix

db 1/0 wiring kit.

dual head unit

Which I guess doesn't matter cause a dvc 2 will wire up to both impedances and 2 dvc 4's will also haha

this....but then again, why go through the trouble on strapping amps if for almost the same price, he can get a audioque...used i belived....i got to start looking to help this person out to go to the right path....lol

edit: ill be back (terminator's voice. lol)

Edited by carlosg_313

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

no you cant run them at one ohm and your not going to strap them either unless you have a maxxlink or some other device as they are non strapable.

Id buy an MRX-1000 and be done with it, i wouldnt ever buy an audiopipe branded piece of equipment

wait if i strap the alpines can i run them at 1 ohm? im confused lol

No, the alpines are only 2 ohm stable so if you strap the youll have to wire the subs at 4ohms which would present a 2 ohm load on each amp. If you wired the strapped alpines to 1ohm that would present a .5 ohm load on each amp which would result in a puff of smoke! And burnt up amps

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

you could not. what is THE MOST you can spend on an amp? tbh $200 is what you can get a used amp now adays(unless someone just wants to get rid of a good amp. lol)

Edited by carlosg_313

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

no you cant run them at one ohm and your not going to strap them either unless you have a maxxlink or some other device as they are non strapable.

Id buy an MRX-1000 and be done with it, i wouldnt ever buy an audiopipe branded piece of equipment

okay i thought you could strap them cus i seen a picture of a guy who i thought had them strapped :noob:

*current*

1991 honda crx si

2 skar audio 12s

pioneer 6.5s

dual 400 watt amp

audio technix

db 1/0 wiring kit.

dual head unit

you could not. what is THE MOST you can spend on an amp? tbh $200 is what you can get a used amp now adays(unless someone just wants to get rid of a good amp. lol)

ehh i might be able to go a little over just show me some amps for around that price. i would say under 300 for sure and it doesn't matter if its used

*current*

1991 honda crx si

2 skar audio 12s

pioneer 6.5s

dual 400 watt amp

audio technix

db 1/0 wiring kit.

dual head unit

ehh i might be able to go a little over just show me some amps for around that price. i would say under 300 for sure and it doesn't matter if its used

i dont know if this is allowed, but just to help someon out, im going to post an external link from outside this site. if im not allowed, a mod can delete my post...

This

This

This

Or This. lol :peepwall:

Edited by carlosg_313

i dont know if this is allowed, but just to help someon out, im going to post an external link from outside this site. if im not allowed, a mod can delete my post...

This

This

This

Or This. lol :peepwall:

that last one looks interesting i might get it. now all i need is 13 more l7s a couple of new alternators and about 20 batteries.

but seriously thanks for all the help :drinks:

*current*

1991 honda crx si

2 skar audio 12s

pioneer 6.5s

dual 400 watt amp

audio technix

db 1/0 wiring kit.

dual head unit