OrionStang Posted August 11, 2011 Report Posted August 11, 2011 Any body ever heard these before? http://www.woofersetc.com/p-7050-slc-36525-ng-rainbow-slc-ng-3-way-component-system.aspx I have a chance to pick up a couple sets for a stupid-low price. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
KMS Posted August 11, 2011 Report Posted August 11, 2011 Any body ever heard these before? http://www.woofersetc.com/p-7050-slc-36525-ng-rainbow-slc-ng-3-way-component-system.aspx I have a chance to pick up a couple sets for a stupid-low price. I never heard them but thought I'd post a few vids from youtube. I seen your user name a lot and never knew you were from 951. Where abouts are you? Did you go to the show last year at freelands shop in Beaumont? I seen a yellow mustang there think it may be you? Alpine PDX-V9 Morel Tempo 6 Alpine SBR-S8-4 Alpine CDE 149BT
OrionStang Posted August 11, 2011 Author Report Posted August 11, 2011 Any body ever heard these before? http://www.woofersetc.com/p-7050-slc-36525-ng-rainbow-slc-ng-3-way-component-system.aspx I have a chance to pick up a couple sets for a stupid-low price. I never heard them but thought I'd post a few vids from youtube. I seen your user name a lot and never knew you were from 951. Where abouts are you? Did you go to the show last year at freelands shop in Beaumont? I seen a yellow mustang there think it may be you? I wasn't around for that show. Last one I went to was Forbidden Fantasy at Lake Perris. The yellow stang could be Jon, Mine is a dark red 2010. I'll be at the Ventura show this Saturday. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
skittlesRgood Posted August 11, 2011 Report Posted August 11, 2011 i liked my rainbow set. it had different mids but the same tweeter. im still using 6.5"s for midbass and the tweeters. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
OrionStang Posted August 11, 2011 Author Report Posted August 11, 2011 i liked my rainbow set. it had different mids but the same tweeter. im still using 6.5"s for midbass and the tweeters. I'm assuming you've heard the set using the included crossover. Does it sound good for a passive setup? SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
skittlesRgood Posted August 11, 2011 Report Posted August 11, 2011 ya i first used the crossover. that crossover was pretty damn advanced. it has a bunch of jumpers for different settings for best sound based on where each speaker was placed. midbass was pretty damn good. i could listen to just the front stage without subs and be happy. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
Skullz Posted August 11, 2011 Report Posted August 11, 2011 If you can get em at a good price i would jump all over them in a heartbeat. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Watch the bass Posted August 11, 2011 Report Posted August 11, 2011 2 or 3 years ago i heard a complete Rainbowshowcar and was disappointed about the sound of the wholde car, sound was clear but thin and peaky. What did you want to do with the Rainbows?, Do not change the Hertz for the Rainbows. "in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley
OrionStang Posted August 11, 2011 Author Report Posted August 11, 2011 ya i first used the crossover. that crossover was pretty damn advanced. it has a bunch of jumpers for different settings for best sound based on where each speaker was placed. midbass was pretty damn good. i could listen to just the front stage without subs and be happy. Cool, that's good to hear. Two sets should be nice then. If you can get em at a good price i would jump all over them in a heartbeat. Half what woofersetc sells them for, from a dealer. 2 or 3 years ago i heard a complete Rainbowshowcar and was disappointed about the sound of the wholde car, sound was clear but thin and peaky. What did you want to do with the Rainbows?, Do not change the Hertz for the Rainbows. Pretty sure my Hertz are fakes. The mids are badass, but the tweeters did't get loud and when I added power, they blew. Not doing active for now, just want a clean, loud front stage. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Skullz Posted August 11, 2011 Report Posted August 11, 2011 I have to agree on the hertz also since i had a set myself and feel the everything but the mids are fakes and most likely b-stock on the mids themselves, i love how the hertz sounded and would like to get a new set of hertz or audison or a la carte the best of both. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.