Sonic Electronix

how thick should my sound detenator be? in mil please:)

Thank you for mentioning SDS, honestly impressive in my eyes. Everyone seems to ignore that site, and his products. :drinks:

I've known Don for several years now and his CLD Tile is #2 on my list of preferred products.

Speaking of Alpha Damp... :P

Someone on another forum asked me if the product was too stiff to conform to curved surfaces. I proceeded to wrap a 8" stainless steel bowl just to show that it can conform to curved surfaces.

th_DSC02845.jpg th_DSC02848.jpg

Well I left it on there for a few days to see if it would peel up... it didn't and the adhesion just became stronger over that period of time.

So I proceeded to remove the Alpha Damp by peeling it off... NOT FUN. At the end of about 10 minutes of pulling on it, I had this:

th_DSC02855.jpg

Of course being the jackass I am, I proceeded to stick the bowl to EVERYTHING around the house :P It was fun, love the adhesive on this stuff.

th_DSC02858.jpg th_DSC02859.jpg

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Thank you for mentioning SDS, honestly impressive in my eyes. Everyone seems to ignore that site, and his products. :drinks:

I've known Don for several years now and his CLD Tile is #2 on my list of preferred products.

Speaking of Alpha Damp... :P

Someone on another forum asked me if the product was too stiff to conform to curved surfaces. I proceeded to wrap a 8" stainless steel bowl just to show that it can conform to curved surfaces.

th_DSC02845.jpg th_DSC02848.jpg

Well I left it on there for a few days to see if it would peel up... it didn't and the adhesion just became stronger over that period of time.

So I proceeded to remove the Alpha Damp by peeling it off... NOT FUN. At the end of about 10 minutes of pulling on it, I had this:

th_DSC02855.jpg

Of course being the jackass I am, I proceeded to stick the bowl to EVERYTHING around the house :P It was fun, love the adhesive on this stuff.

th_DSC02858.jpg th_DSC02859.jpg

LMAO!!! I can only imagine seing all kinds of shit stuck to walls and where ever in the SS offices and your house! LOL!

LMAO!!! I can only imagine seing all kinds of shit stuck to walls and where ever in the SS offices and your house! LOL!

LOL I try to contain it to the shop area... but it does make it's way into the house it's just inevitable. :D

If it's metal or resonates in the least bit, it's treated. Sinks, washer, drier, AC unit, treadmill, just whatever I can slap some material on.

Right now I have a small baseball sized ball of Alpha Damp butyl adhesive that I need to find a use for. Suggestions?

usa_render4.png

Might try some car audio deadener on the roof since god knows roofing supplies work so good for car audio. :pardon:

LMFAO! It'd probably work better...

Edited by Second Skin Rep Jon

usa_render4.png

well i can send me some alpha :o:P since u dont have much use for it but all this info has been great , thanks but no one had really said if b-quiet is good?

Orion 2500D , 2-10" alpine type X. Custom enclosure,
Alpine amp for mids and highs.
Working on a center channel ATM

hey jon

i had pm'd you a few minutes ago asking some info but idk if you inbox is full or whatever.

but i needed to deaden my doors but is there anything else i would need to put on them or would the deadener work.

idk much about this stuff.

hopefully ill have alot of flex with my 4th order so i knew id need something.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

down to my final decision. either b-quiet ultimate for 140$ 50sq ft. (60 mils) or b-qiuet extream for 140 $ 100 SQ FT! (45mils) ....... my thoughts it that i can always double up the extreme since ill have 100 sq ft. giimmie some poointers. wat should i get! BETWEEN THOSE 2

Orion 2500D , 2-10" alpine type X. Custom enclosure,
Alpine amp for mids and highs.
Working on a center channel ATM

audio technix or second skin, choose one. lol

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman