Second Skin Audio

Give me ideas for new subs guys

So a heavier motor means more pushing power then?

Not necessarily. That stronger motor could be pushing a heavier cone, or it could (and probably does) have a stiffer suspension (spider(s)). Probably shouldn't need to worry about it too much imo. If you want to try something new get the obsidians and give us a review, or get a stand by like some lvl 3's, or sa. You can't really go wrong with any of them.

This. AT the same time however, that heavier magnet may not even be as strong as a lighter one. Two things come to mind. Supercharged motors (I know DD has them I think DC does as well) and Neodymium magnets.

And if a motor can be "supercharged" then I also would think one can be "undercharged".

And pound for pound, generally speaking, neodymium magnets will be stronger than ferrite.

Edited by BJD3

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Not necessarily. That stronger motor could be pushing a heavier cone, or it could (and probably does) have a stiffer suspension (spider(s)). Probably shouldn't need to worry about it too much imo. If you want to try something new get the obsidians and give us a review, or get a stand by like some lvl 3's, or sa. You can't really go wrong with any of them.

This. AT the same time however, that heavier magnet may not even be as strong as a lighter one. Two things come to mind. Supercharged motors (I know DD has them I think DC does as well) and Neodymium magnets.

And if a motor can be "supercharged" then I also would think one can be "undercharged".

And pound for pound, generally speaking, neodymium magnets will be stronger than ferrite.

The Supercharged option for DD subwoofers is a Neo Magnet on the pole piece, and an aluminum piece on top of that (possibly a shortening ring), so the actual Ferrite magnet isn't really supercharged. So I'm not sure about undercharging a motor.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

:+1: Judging a subwoofer's motor strength on the size or height of the motor is like judging a car's horse power by how it looks. There are too many factors; gap width and height, voice coil windings (material and shape), magnet grade, magnet ID and OD, etc.

Electrodynamic

Power handling is not a power requirement! Don't install suckage!

Simon Eichenberger is the man.

My PM's are disabled.

obsidian audio and skar audio are both underrated just throwing some pennies out there

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Well it looks im going with the dc. I contacted fi and the way they responded made me not want their product. Dc people on here are nice and that goes a long ways in my book. So I will be going with dc level with an extra spider

Thanks for all the input

Edited by toadking90

Fi SSD would be my choice if i was in your shoes.

american made and engineered. not a parts catalog full of send me this send me that ok heres a woofer for sale.

If you're eluding to a certain product or company and have concrete evidence to support your jab you should come out and name the company(s) instead of beating around the bush.

Edited by Electrodynamic

Electrodynamic

Power handling is not a power requirement! Don't install suckage!

Simon Eichenberger is the man.

My PM's are disabled.

Fi SSD would be my choice if i was in your shoes.

american made and engineered. not a parts catalog full of send me this send me that ok heres a woofer for sale.

If you're eluding to a certain product or company and have concrete evidence to support your jab you should come out and name the company(s) instead of beating around the bush.

Please none of this contact him via pm if you feel angry.