Second Skin Audio

Mixed woofer sized in the same build?

i didn't know 15's had a low rumbling sound, while 10's have a car rattling sound.

i guess i was doing it all wrong when i had my 18...

LOL me too. :drinks:

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

so...ever tryed mixin 8˝and 18˝subs together??

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

It can work. You need to have the different sizes playing different frequencies. The upside is you can increase your hz response, the downside is you really only get the output of the playing subs.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

it can work well with the right crossovers and processing. In my rebuild im worjing on now I am running 2 18" dc xls tuned to 29hz and they play with authority easily from 25 to 60 something but the sound quality isnt really where i would like it to be above mid 50ish hz so i cross them at that point and am testing boxes now to run 2 image dynamics id8s as well to pick up where the dcs leave off and then run to ~80hz where my mids pick up.

So far its sounding great, so 8s with 18s is workin for me but like everyone is saying, seperate boxes, seperate amps

Team NorthWestSPL

so...ever tryed mixin 8˝and 18˝subs together??

Have you seen Chicken's hoopty or Meade's Tahoe? Both have 8s in the doors and 18s out back.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

All these people repeating what the last guy said "if you mix them blah blah different crossover points" aren't doing a very good job of explaining WHY.

Good job repeating each other guys, that's just what a thread like this needs.

Anywho, think about it like this.

A sub has a reactivity to the signal being passed through it's coils due to it's fs and Ms paramters (freeair resonance and total moving mass).

Think about the graph of the delay at given frequency as looking like waves of their own, this is the phaseing.

Throw in a different build/size/etc of subwoofer and the difference in their phasing will ultimately result in a phaseing coming in and out at different frequencies, causing great but sharp peaks and bad dead spots.