Sonic Electronix

I use 3/4" grade 8 bolts or larger for any xplodes I install. I of course just drill out the screw holes accordingly and use high strength loc tite to hold sony's in

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

hi i recently got my hands on a sony xplod XS-L11037 and a sealed box but it had no screws to screw it into the box. i was wondering if anyone can tell me what is the right size screw i need. and im looking for an amp to power the sub it is 200 rms- 800 peak. anyone have any amplifier suggestions.

I use 1 5/8 coarse thread drywall screws for all my enclosures. As for an amplifier, I would get a RF P200.2 and bridge it at 4ohm, and be sure to set the gains properly. Should be a perfect combo

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

I use 3/4" grade 8 bolts or larger for any xplodes I install. I of course just drill out the screw holes accordingly and use high strength loc tite to hold sony's in

Don't forget dual lock nuts with JB weld overtop of them.

Come on guys, we can't really give this guy a hard time. I'm sure several of us where there at one time, some good advice and a few weeks on this forum will get him in the right direction.

Honest answer: Any 1"+ coarse thread screws will work well. I used 1 5/8" coarse thread drywall screws on my boxes. Honestly to hold the sub in though I prefer t-nuts. They allow you to remove/reinstall the sub as many times as needed without having to worry with holes stripping out, screws breaking, etc.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

for t-nuts do u glue em in or just hammer em in? when i build my new box im gunna use em, i got a few laying around, is there any special bolt or just w'e works?

and i lost the gasket thing that goes around the basket so would it harm if i used small washers? maby some with rubber on em

for ur sub drywall screws will work, i use different ones for mine tho, i dunno what kind tho, i seem to have problems with the heads breaking off of the fine thread drywall screws, maby the shank aint big enough tho

reason i ask is im gunna do a downfire box and i dont want my subs falling out and what knot

also the t-nuts we speak of will help u add "beauty panels" where there no place to attach to, just drill a hole, hammer them in, and use a bolt with according size/thread and works good

another tip, if u want to paint ur screws/bolts for a custom look, take a old card board box, stick them threw all the way to the head, and u can spray away at it, wont effect threads and looks good

here are the t-nuts we speak of main_tnut.jpg

there the same thing used on bottom of furniture for levelers and what knot

i was once a :noob: , glad some people decided to help me rather than :bull: on every idea i had lol

good luck with w/e u figure out :drinks:

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

for t-nuts do u glue em in or just hammer em in? when i build my new box im gunna use em, i got a few laying around, is there any special bolt or just w'e works?

I did a down fire box and I used 1/4" T-nuts. I drilled the hole out for the T-nut then put some wood glue on the side that presses up against the wood then just used my bolt to tighten the T-nut into the wood

IMG_8328.jpg

Edited by Hotdog

cool, i like downfire boxs alot

another site if no one is on to answer ur questions or u need quick references is the12volt.com, ive picked up some things off of there

i wish they went more in depth with other things rather than what they do, but what they do is good enough

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif