recording audio from youtube

lets say i wanted to put this song

on my itunes but the only place i can find it is on youtube how would i put just the audio track in good quality to my itunes so i can put it on my itouch?

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

i got you. pm sent

its how i get mine and its fast and good quality.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

I used to be able to use a program called "dvd videosoft" it is an entire suite of software that you can use to copy music, edit music, make videos, etc. They have two features that allow you to just copy and paste the url of the youtube video in the program and download it as either a mp3 or a mpeg video to see the video. This used to work 100% for me but recently youtube is changing to their newer player which is harder to decode and download with dvdvideosoft. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. Maybe you can get lucky and download the latest version from their site http://www.dvdvideos...eo-software.htm and get it to download but im not gonna guarantee it.

What i do now is try to find it on frostwire and i typically download the entire album. If it isnt on there then what i do is open good old audacity and get the youtube video up. In audacity i set the default recording device to the playback device of my soundcard on my laptop. Then what i do since i have windows 7 is i put the windows side by side. Next to ensure you dont have random tones get recorded go into your sound properties and mute all the programs you have opened except for windows playback and your web browser in which the youtube video resides. What i do next is wait for the full youtube video to download (there is a light grey bar that will move across in the timer bar of the video) once the entire bar is grey, only Then i press the red record button on audacity to begin recording a sound file and i will then press play on the youtube video. Once the video finishes its play time i then stop the audacity recording. I then take that same recording and export it as a mp3 (note: for audacity you need a custom file, it tells you what it is, just google it and download it for free) and then i open it with the dvdvideosoft mp3 cutting program and get rid of the short amount of silence from the beginning and end of the track you recorded. It wont sound all that hot and you may not have good bass reproduction but its better than nothing right?

edit: if you download the program i provided the link for, the newest version of their program will work with your youtube link perfectly fine.

Edited by kickass audio

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

i got you. pm sent

why you gotta hold out on the rest of us?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i got you. pm sent

why you gotta hold out on the rest of us?

I think he is since there is a rule on here about sharing and doing illegal stuff like that. I dont think im in the wrong for sharing how i do it since i didnt actually do it and provide it to anybody. If you put the time to google "youtube video downloader" you would easily see the dvdvideosoft program. The program is pretty robust and i use it almost daily when i am on my laptop, for things even more than just youtube video and song downloads.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

My uncle is a DJ so he gave me a hard drive full of like 35,000 songs.

But what I like to do, is take a 3.5mm stereo audio cable, and plug one side into the microphone port of my Macbook and the other side into the headphone port.

So basically it is putting out sound directly from the headphone outport to the microphone input. It works like a charm.

need a 3.5mm cable? I got a few hundred of them for sale! Check out my for sale thread.

3d7304fe.jpg

1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800

(4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200

XS D6500 $245.65

PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430

Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60

Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85

A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!

But what I like to do, is take a 3.5mm stereo audio cable, and plug one side into the microphone port of my Macbook and the other side into the headphone port.

So basically it is putting out sound directly from the headphone outport to the microphone input. It works like a charm.

need a 3.5mm cable? I got a few hundred of them for sale! Check out my for sale thread.

Actually this can be achieved without a "3.5mm cable"

You just set your recording device to the stereo playback and hit record in your favorite audio recording program.

yea. i didnt know if is illegal or not, it probably is, so i dont want to post it to the masses. Its a site that takes the audio from the video by posting the link. It converts it to a good quality mp3 and puts a download link.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Actually this can be achieved without a "3.5mm cable"

You just set your recording device to the stereo playback and hit record in your favorite audio recording program.

I'm on a Mac, my apologies I think it's a tad diff for me. but your way sounds logical as well.

3d7304fe.jpg

1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800

(4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200

XS D6500 $245.65

PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430

Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60

Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85

A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!

what i do is change my input (Microphone) to direct sound or somethin like that

click record on audition (should work JUST fine on audacity)

click play on youtube

and it should act as an internal microphone (Recording ALL sounds on your computer)

but heck im lazy :D

~This is added to the post you have just read:

I appreciate everything you guys do, and I hope you understand how much it matters to have people like you helping me learn

thanks so much

~Check my youtube for my music and my car audio: http://www.youtube.com/1ohmstable

~Rip dustin 7-11-09

Memorial build log: http://www.stevemead...memorial-build/