Second Skin Audio

subwoofer help

hey everyone im new to car audio and i was looking on amazon at subwoofers and an amp and i was wondering if a kenwood 1800 watt class d mono block amp would run 2 pioneer 10 inch dual 4 ohm sub. the subs are 350 rms and 1200 max and the amp puts out 500 watts at 4 ohm. i dont no if this will work but could i get some help please thanks everyone.

Edited by mustangbuzz64

HI :hi:

You have a ton of options to look at... Personally forget everything your looking @ on amazon... For drivers... I'd look @ the folling places

www.audioque.com (SD 2.0's or SD 2.5's should keep u happy)

www.ficaraudio.com (Fi X series, and SSD's should keep u happy)

www.theresafewmorecomapnies.com but you get the general idea.....

For an amplifier, I to would look AQ for there amps, they are proven to be great performers. You also have sundown audio, and there are some good ones you can look @ here ( www.sonicelectronix.com ) All the brands I mentioned here are of better quality IMHO then what you mentioned, and should be louder given the proper box type, and install process.... G/L

Edited by newls1

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

AQ means Audioque = caraudiobrand. But the easyiest way is tell us your budget, size and wooferamount you want, and how your carelectrical is.

Than we can tell a varíous best bang road with links and real prices + what you have to do by yourself and help from the forum.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

thanks man and is sd sundown audio and whats aq

AQ means AudioQue

SD can be sundown, but here it seems that it's a model name in the Audioque line of subs : "street duty" or something like that.

Take a look at both sites. AQ seems cheaper though, but I'm a Sundown fan !!!

For subs, look at ficaraudio.com too.

Newls1 told you everything !

With a total budget, you would get more advices here.

There are tons of options !

Good luck !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Sundown Audio is just Sundown Audio and normally referred to as such. AQ or Audioque is a shoot off of Digital Designs from what I understand so that they can offer the best price for the DIYers and is only available online. Obsidian Audio is kind of like to Sundown what AQ is to DD from what I understand(I am sure there are guys on here that can truly clear that up). AQ makes a great product for a good price my nephews car is outfitted with AQ amps and woofers for a little over a year now and great quality and performance for what he paid. I hear the Obsidian woofers are great sounding speakers and are priced really well they are not a Sundown SA sub but where designed by the same individual who also is owner of Sundown and part owner of Obsidian. http://obsidiancaraudio.com/index.php?id=2 Like Newls1 said there are better options out there for the money. These options may cost a little more than what the stuff off of amazon does but you will probably be much happier in the long run.

Barstad

ok so what everyone is saying is i should not go through amazon and i have a budget of like 500 dollars and i no most of it will be going to subs and the amp but i also want some descent speakers. and for my subs i was think 2 10s because a have a ford focus hatchback and that should give me a good amount of bass for my smaller car and plus i heard hatch backs sound better beacuase there is less stuff in between u and the subs