Sonic Electronix

spending $10,000 on a system

Lol I've seen so many people get sundown, dd, dc, watever it mite be and think they can get big numbers.if that was the case then everyone would be doing 55s I have over 5k in my electrical and could use more and that's just for 2 ddm4s (3500watts) and 2 zapco 750.2s for my highs. I got lucky a year ago when I switched to a new box my friend built me it did a 154.4 out the gate but its costed me thousands of dollarrs and hundreds of testing hours to get it to a 156 and it doesn't do it all the time. So good luck. Equipment is 20%. 80% is the build mostly the box

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

I am putting probably half of what you are planning on spending into my build this fall with the same expectations of numbers. It's not all about the equipment that you buy but more about the overall quality of the install.

Since PCAtest we know 1 AA Arsenal 15 on 6 K = 155,3 dB My link

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Uhhhh. Amps dont create imp rise.

This thread is retarded.

Electrical alone for 12k rms...

Alt set up 1600

Batts. 1400

Wire. 600

And 155+ db isnt something you can just buy.

Please don't insult us that work for our 55+.

Thanks

amp rise / box rise. i don't care its the same to me. either way with any kind of rise your not getting the most out of your amps.

and if its retarted then stay off my post. simple as that. i'm spending 10k on a system and i wanna hear some input. and 155+ db is something you can buy obviously? just takes some hard work and good planning..

If there is 1 person in this thread you need to listen to and take his word as gospel it's Ray.

By reading your posts you have no idea what your in for. I'd do electrical first... get a good setup that can handle 20k+ RMS before you ever have 20k+ RMS. Once you have a strong electrical get a decent front stage. Your wanting it to be good on music, whats music with no mids/highs? After that look at your budget and decide what subs/amps to go with. Plan on doing alot of experimenting with the enclosure when you get it in, VERY highly doubtful you'll be putting out 55's just by doing a design and sticking it in there.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

I am all about big numbers with least amount of equipment used.

I like saving money.

Building 15 boxes is still cheaper than buying 2 more big amps.

No offence to the guys that bought 2 more amps. Lol

And ray, i got some zappy 650.6's im lookin to sell cheap

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I am putting probably half of what you are planning on spending into my build this fall with the same expectations of numbers. It's not all about the equipment that you buy but more about the overall quality of the install.

Thats a burp box, with burp power, for a very short amount of time, in a burp car IIRC. Not the same.

Thats a burp box, with burp power, for a very short amount of time, in a burp car IIRC. Not the same.

I know that, take it easy.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

We will talk sir I like zappy nice old quality stuff like me :-)

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Take the time to plan, you have 10k, is that for equipment only or is that including install. If you are a novice builder than I would go professional and let a pro shop or a knowledgeable builder build this thing. But you have to take alot into consideration. I would make a list, start from the front of the vehicle visualize all that you need there and move on to the headinit, and interior. All the way to the rear....

svc2.png

ttf.png

2006 Dodge Charger

(2) Kinetic 3800

(1) DC Power 270XP

(4) T1-12D4

(1) T2500BDCP

(2) T400.4

7.5 cubic ft.

(2) 6 in ports thru the rear deck

(2) T165.2

(2) T169.3

Old for sure.

Your getting a little "tarnished". Haha

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Archived