Sonic Electronix

alright ive already posted this topic before but tried some of the suggestions and came out unsucessfull. ive got two t1 12s in 5 cubic fett ported tuned at 38 hz the subs are facing foward right now in the cabin of the car the issue is whenever i open the trunk the subs are louder deeper and cleaner which is great but i cant drive around with my trunk open and as soon as i close it i get a drastic loss of output. how can i get the full output of this setup??? some say face the box to the rear i did and it sucked lol others said seal the trunk off. i did it made no difference others said it was just like when you roll the windows down it gets louder.....well it dosn't get louder with the windows down its the loudest with windows and sunroof closed and the a.c. on lol its weird oh and damn near twice as loud when i open the trunk. facing the subs up helped a lil but still as soon as i close the trunk im dissapointed. can anyone out there figure out whats goin on cause im stumped. here is a pic if it helps.

2011-08-20033409.jpg

i told you why in your other post.

yea and you also said rolling the windows down would make it louder to the ear but it dosnt its louder sealed up but better with open trunk not windows or sunroof im thinking maybey the soundwaves traveling behind the box are bouncing off anything behind the box and causing cancellation and when the trunks open they are free to just exit the vehicle and dont bounce back toward the subs, but im not sure and if that was the case would it fix the prob if i put closed cell foam or sound deadner behind the box??

You arent sealed off from the trunk completely it sounds like. You have air escaping out of the rear of the trunk. If you arent fully walled using a half wall/backseat box and arent sealed off 100% from the trunk you will normally be louder with the trunk open. Also, when you open the trunk it will change the acoustics of the car, changing airspace, etc. Any change to the pressure or airspace in the car will have some effect, as in changing your peak freq.

get 2 more and build a wall.

you think ive got enough room for the airspace required for 4 of them?

Measure and find out. You could probably fit a lot more than 4 12s back there. Full walls are normally much louder than backseat boxes/half walls. I dont get why people dont just fully wall....

push the box back all the way to the trunk lid. this helped in my 96. and yes you would have more than enough room for 4 12s in a wall if you utilized the trunk space. preludes are a pain in the ass to work in. I bet that box was fun installing.

edit: looking at the box again I don't believe you can due to height and width. building a box for the trunk would be easier. there is 9 cubes gross in the trunk without using the space beyond the wheel wells.

Edited by mbdblue

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

push the box back all the way to the trunk lid. this helped in my 96. and yes you would have more than enough room for 4 12s in a wall if you utilized the trunk space. preludes are a pain in the ass to work in. I bet that box was fun installing.

edit: looking at the box again I don't believe you can due to height and width. building a box for the trunk would be easier. there is 9 cubes gross in the trunk without using the space beyond the wheel wells.

yea i had a box made from the back of the trunk forward but i could only go 30" wide by 13 tall and it just wasnt big enough to mount the t1s my old cvrs were fine but the t1s have a bigger diameter. and yea putting that box in was kind of a hassle lol had to cut the center console out and remove the passenger seat to get it in

Edited by whatsepultra

if you theory that your getting cancelation because the wave bouncing off that rear of the trunk did you try turning your box around for subs to face trunk? just an idea to try

lifted trucks gorgeous sluts a pretty face and slammin bass

My current Set up

Car less :(

I Do Ported Box designs/cutsheets with 3d google sketchup model just PM

i would really want an in-depth guide

Just flip the fucking thing over