Second Skin Audio

solo x - discontinued post from caco

who was that one guy whom had 4 in an astro then moved to 8 on those warhorses? he done very well with them, didn't know they were so hated here. I never had problems with mine and heating issues myself.

well, they are medium quality stuff, medium being a big factor here

medium quality being priced as top of the line quality

why spend 900+ on 1 kicker 18 when you can get 2 18s that handle MORE power, for right around the same price...

the only thing kicker has thats decent is warranty...

edit

lets also not forget that the motors are different from the solo x 10-12 to the 18...

so that is false advertisement because technically with different motors that makes it a different sub...

paying DC lvl 5 pricing for a lvl 4 sub = no go, but people WILL pay it because kicker says its a solo x LOL

Edited by Team_DC-Derrick

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

"We'll send you the Solo X models. CVX's are superior in every way outside of thermal power handling for TH's.

That - and we wanted to develop TH's around drivers relatively affordable so the average Joe could build TH's with phenomenal performance for less than the price of a 'bargain' sub-woofer...

That, and Solo X's are being discontinued. Don't share that information, please."

Who ever posted these PMs obviously is defiantly a believer in confidentiality.

:lol:

Edited by Grey_Fox

Consider yourself lucky. My solox got hot off just 750w rms (yes it was unclipped, i scoped it out). My SMD is taking a ton of abuse and power and it is just screaming for more. I can only get my SMD as hot as if you were to take your hand and grab your arm. My smd does not get hot, smell, bottom out, or sound like total garbage like my solox did.

My experience with the solox was that it was not musical one bit for me. It would get coil rub so damn easily no matter what i did to try and correct it, it out of nowhere would drop bottom (even on notes higher than my box's tuning), it had a small range of freq's it liked to play loud the rest just sounded like shit.

Other kicker subs i have owned were better than the solox. Hell even my cvr sounded better than my solox.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

It was only at 750w for like a month. I then got it to 1400w rms and then 3000+w rms.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Consider yourself lucky. My solox got hot off just 750w rms (yes it was unclipped, i scoped it out). My SMD is taking a ton of abuse and power and it is just screaming for more. I can only get my SMD as hot as if you were to take your hand and grab your arm. My smd does not get hot, smell, bottom out, or sound like total garbage like my solox did.

My experience with the solox was that it was not musical one bit for me. It would get coil rub so damn easily no matter what i did to try and correct it, it out of nowhere would drop bottom (even on notes higher than my box's tuning), it had a small range of freq's it liked to play loud the rest just sounded like shit.

Other kicker subs i have owned were better than the solox. Hell even my cvr sounded better than my solox.

I am going to take a guess but since AA makes the parts for the crossfire xs v2. Your SMD is probably like the xs v2 and cant bottom out because the coil aint long enough

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

WTF are you talking about? I was just saying the experience i had with it. Dont go and get all butt hurt. I already knew they are the same parts pretty much.

If you want to be a die hard kicker nut hugger then go for it. I was just clearly saying what i had when i ran their stuff.

Edited by kickass audio

WTF are you talking about? I was just saying the experience i had with it. Dont go and get all butt hurt. I already knew they are the same parts pretty much.

If you want to be a die hard kicker nut hugger then go for it. I was just clearly saying what i had when i ran their stuff.

Hey there dumb fu ck. How about next time before you flip sh1t you use your small ass brain you got.

The only thing kicker i have ever owned is the 0ga amp kit. Not once did i try to say that kicker was the sh1t or anything close to that. I was telling you the reason why your sub doesnt bottom out so you cant use that against it.

So if that makes me a nut hugger you might want to get your sh1t straight bud

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

Ok, i thought you were trying to pull some dr subwoofer shit on my b4 bro. sorry. I didnt know anything about how they are for all the specs. I just know how the different motor works and whatnot.