Sonic Electronix

One of my T-nuts holding my sub has some how come loose. Meaning the screw is still in the nut, but the tnut is not grabbing the wood. I can't take the screw out and I can't tighten it. I tried putting pressure by pulling on the screw as I tried to unscrew it, didn't work. Any ideas?

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

take a left hand drillbit and try that, try holding the nut and drill it rather, worth a shot

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Drill it out is the only thing i can think of at the moment, make sure you start with a smaller drill bit and move up to a bigger one once you use the smaller one.

Unless you can get to it from the port or another sub hole to put some CA glue on the edge to try and glue it in place, just don't get any on the threads or your drilling regardless. That is the main reason i'll never use t-nuts on anything since using them back when i was building and flying radio control planes some years back.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

if u can pull it try a hack saw or dremel be real carful though that is only if u can pull it out some though

A hack saw around the cone of your sub. This guy is BRILLIANT.

You could try drilling it..but even that is still kinda iffy. If anything id use a dremal with a round diamond blade to cleanly slice it off. You wanna use as small as you can though...I wouldn't trust myself doing it...but this seems tough D:

What I used were my 1/0 cutters and it just cut the #10 screw like it was a piece of 4ga. But i cant imagine it was good for my cutters.

3d7304fe.jpg

1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800

(4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200

XS D6500 $245.65

PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430

Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60

Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85

A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!

I hate when this happens. Your best bet is to hold pressure on it and slowly try unscrewing it. I've had them cross thread on me. That's a royal pain in the ass

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

I hate when this happens. Your best bet is to hold pressure on it and slowly try unscrewing it. I've had them cross thread on me. That's a royal pain in the ass

I tried doing that, no luck. I may have to remove the box and position it subs down. Then use the weight of the sub to hold it while unscrewing. Box is a MAJOR PITA to get in and out, though.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread