03 chevy silverado ss. mild build. just having fun.

This is my silverado SS. i have had it for 5 years or so. it has came along ways sense the day i brought her home. i start with the performance side of things and added a turbo set up. with all the supporting mods. then came the looks i brought it down a few inch's 3/4 and added some new shoes. they are boss 330 24 inch wheels rockin nitto 420's tires size 24/35/305. its my baby and i have just started modding the interior. for the sound system i didn't want to go crazy with a high bass system. i just wanted something to give me some bass and have a show car look. so i started to build a fiberglass sub enclosure. i had never touched fiberglass let alone building something like this. im a car junky so i have had my hands on a few different projects so i figured i could take on a fiberglass build. well after thinking about what i wanted to do i starting chopping up wood and adding it to the truck. heres what i came up with and it is just want i was looking for.

heres the truck as it sits now.

IMG_8793.jpg

IMG_8495.jpg

IMG_6991.jpg

ok enough with the outside on the truck. heres what i built for the interior. this was a blast to build something like this. i feel it turned out pretty decent for my first time messing with fiberglass.

heres how it started.

IMG_3874.jpg

IMG_3889.jpg

IMG_4046.jpg

IMG_4050.jpg

IMG_4060.jpg

IMG_4094.jpg

after kind of giving up on it for 8 months or so cause i was super burn't out on sanding and then sanding even more.

i rocked it in the truck for a few months just to make sure the fiberglass wasn't going to break.

IMG_8467.jpg

IMG_8465.jpg

well i finally got some fire under my butt and figured i should finish this project. well i busted my butt and got all the flaws sanded out. so i got a good friend to shot it with some paint and get it looking even better.

heres where it sitting now we sprayed it last night and started wet sanding it today and its turning out so smooth.

IMG_9024.jpg

IMG_9021.jpg

IMG_9018.jpg

IMG_9014.jpg

IMG_9010.jpg

IMG_9015.jpg

thanks. its been a blast putting this together. im really starting to get into building stuff like this. i live in montana so there not much around here like this at all. it just your normal built box's. dont see anything crazy around here at all. so i hoping this sets me aside from all the rest. around the car scene around here.

nice build i love super sports

2004 Escalade Ext

Pioneer avh8400

Kicker ix500.4

Kicker ix1000.1

Kicker hyperflex 0+4 awg

Sundown X-15

Sundown Sa-6.5c x2

KnuKonceptz 4 channel Rca

Rockford Fosgate 2 channel Rca

SkyHighCarAudio 14awg speaker wire

Build Log

sealed box for L7s??

:acute:

those are L5s. the way to tell on the face is that the L5 doesnt have the silver triangles on the basket, L7 does

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Yep just some L5s. Nothing crazy pounding wise just enough to get the job done. It sounds good and hits ok. Only reason I even decided to build a box was to give the interior some spice. Nobody ever sat in the back anyways so I had plenty of room to work with and build something fun.

Sick ass truck and nice looking build man, keep the picks coming, I love the ss trucks

117v1h5.png

2005 Lariat F-150

On 30 inch DUBS

6 Crossfire XS-V2 18's

2 Cactus 12k's, 1 Cactus 1000, 1 sundown 100.4

12 - 6.5 Crescendo mids and 4 Crescendo supertweets

SMD 340 alt, Mechman 270 alt

7 NSB 170 batterys

Archived