Second Skin Audio

how do you no if your subs are able to work at 1 ohm

Use a DMM. Or know what coil config your subs are and how they are wired. Parallel cuts impedance in half, series doubles impedance. 2 4 ohm SVC subs can be wired to 2 or 8 ohms.

Actually with series you add the resistances in the circuit and with parallel you add the reciprocal of the resistances and then take the reciprocal of the sum. It just so happens that typically you are using multiples of 2 of the same coil and coincidentally it doubles or is cut in half. You could actually wire a bunch of different coils together, in the same circuit, that have different impedances and it would work, not well but it would. Hypothetically if you had 4 coils (1 ohm,2 ohm,3 ohm, and 4 ohm) wired them all in parallel, you would have a total resistance of .48 ohm nominally. Now take the same coils and wire them in series, you would have 10 ohms. You would also think that each coils in these configurations would get equal power... THINK AGAIN. The power that each coil gets would be directly related to their impedance.

Best of Luck and Cheers!

There is a point of diminishing returns on the amount of equipment installed, kinda like throwing money out a window.

What everyone else is saying plus if you go to the12volt.com and go to the subwoofer wiring diagram it will show you ohm levels.

2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette

2003 corvette z06

alpine radio and the bose system that came stock

What everyone else is saying plus if you go to the12volt.com and go to the subwoofer wiring diagram it will show you ohm levels.

Until you get more subwoofers than 5. In which case learning how to calculate impedence the "manual" way will come in handy.

Not to mention if you're away from your computer and need to change your final impedance.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

I have 5 svc 4Ohm subs...

Wired to 2 ohms.

Do they all get the same amount of power?

You have an odd number so if it's 2ohms you did something wrong.

I would guess you broke them out into 2 sets each set at 8ohm then those together for 4ohm and then those four against the one that was left for 2ohm final.

It should be wired to .8

Edited by UnderLoK

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

True. Which I can go to it on my phone at any time/ I have learned somewhat about doing it in my head because of it.

2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette

2003 corvette z06

alpine radio and the bose system that came stock

I have 5 svc 4Ohm subs...

Wired to 2 ohms.

Do they all get the same amount of power?

You have an odd number so if it's 2ohms you did something wrong.

I would guess you broke them out into 2 sets each set at 8ohm then those together for 4ohm and then those four against the one that was left for 2ohm final.

It should be wired to .8

not if the DCR isnt exact