Second Skin Audio

Impedance question HELP PLEASE

Okay, so my question is this. Kicker amps are only good down to 2 ohm, right? So, is that before rise, or after? What I'm getting at is this.

I have 3 12" Solo L5's, they are D2 ohm, so I could rum the subs parallel, voice coils in series, for a 1.33 ohm load. Which should be OVER 2 ohm after rise, if I am not mistaken. So will my Kicker ZX1000.1 go into protect if I try to do this, or is there a chance it may work? Or mess stuff up? I know trial and error is probably my only way of knowing for sure, I was just hoping someone might already know whats up.

Thanks for your time!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

its only stable to 2 ohms before rise. rise isnt constant so at a certain frequency you might be right around your nominal impedance and fry your amp

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

They are stable to 2-ohms...period. below that they become unstable and protect. the signal they see is the signal they see...If you have your subs wired to 0.003-ohm and with the enclosure and vehicle they never drop below 2-ohms you'll be fine

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

They are stable to 2-ohms...period. below that they become unstable and protect. the signal they see is the signal they see...If you have your subs wired to 0.003-ohm and with the enclosure and vehicle they never drop below 2-ohms you'll be fine

So in other words, I'll just have to try it and see? If not, it's no biggie, I'm gonna get a different amp for em anyway, prob a DC 2K.

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

i believe, not sure, that kicker amps will protect if you wire below 2ohm.

the rule with wiring below what the amp is stable for, you have to be ok with the chance of blowing your amp and you have to know it was your fault if it does.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Okay, cool. Thanks for all the help guys. I don't think I want to burn up $300+ just to find out. So I think I'll just post it for sale and buy a different one. Thanks again for all the help.

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

you will not burn your amp. wiring to 1.33-ohms will be safe.

I kinda think so too, it's really close, and after rise and other variables, I thought it may just work. I gotta build a new box anyway, so I may just try it and see. It is a beastly little amp, for a 1K. 1244 RMS on the "Birthsheet"

If anything, it should go into protect b4 it fries, I WOULD THINK. I know, if it does fry, it will be my fault.

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's