Sonic Electronix

Balls. My stupid car can't fit two 15"s. So two 12" or three 10"s

You would rather run at 1 ohm than 2 or 4? I was going to get a 7.5k on the two 12's, but if I'm running three 10"s then I'm going to need a 9k. The subs are still getting the power, it's just the car electrical I'm worried about, LOWER RESISTANCE = MORE AMPS. My car can't make those amps.

To everyone else, thank you :drink40:

Google it

Its better to run at one ohm because you ain't like wasting wattage. Like why get that big of an amp if you aren't going to use at full potential

2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette

2003 corvette z06

alpine radio and the bose system that came stock

Its better to run at one ohm because you ain't like wasting wattage. Like why get that big of an amp if you aren't going to use at full potential

When the time comes where he can beef up the electrical, if he decides to do so, he now has an amp that will butt fuck any 10, 12 etc he hooks it up to lol

Team NWSPLUPCOMING BUILD (when I afford it)

2013 Ford Focus Hatch

2x DC lv3 15s

2x b2 quotas

XS batts

DC power alt

That amp would fuck the shit out of those subs. It would roofie them, knock them out with chloroform, then make sweet, gentle, anal love to them all night.

You are wasting "wattage" when you run at lower resistance. Your amp isn't as efficient, that means you need WAY more power from the source to produce your "wattage"

Example with random numbers.

Amp needs 10 amps from alternator to make 100 watts at 4 ohm

Amp needs 100 amps from alternator to make 100 watts at 1 ohm, the rest is heat, in the wire, in the alternator.

It's like a teenager running at 10 miles an hour vs. a senior citizen running at 10 miles an hour. The teenager can do it for days. he senior citizen is long dead by now. Think of your poor alternator

Google it

You are wasting "wattage" when you run at lower resistance. Your amp isn't as efficient, that means you need WAY more power from the source to produce your "wattage"

Amp needs 100 amps from alternator to make 100 watts at 1 ohm, the rest is heat, in the wire, in the alternator.

It's like a teenager running at 10 miles an hour vs. a senior citizen running at 10 miles an hour. The teenager can do it for days. he senior citizen is long dead by now. Think of your poor alternator

100 amps to make 100 watts at 1ohm? I think your math is off. based on that math, i am drawing 1500 amps in my set up. (sorry, i see the random numbers comment now)

You are right, efficiency is lower at lower resistances, but it isn't nearly as much as you think it is. If you can't support 3k watts @ 1ohm, you very likely can't support 3k watts @ 4ohms.

Edited by MrSkippyJ

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

100 amps to make 100 watts at 1ohm? I think your math is off. based on that math, i am drawing 1500 amps in my set up. (sorry, i see the random numbers comment now)

You are right, efficiency is lower at lower resistances, but it isn't nearly as much as you think it is. If you can't support 3k watts @ 1ohm, you very likely can't support 3k watts @ 4ohms.

I just think it will help out running at 4 ohm because I am powering other things in the car, 30+ speakers and 17 T.Vs

Google it