CJs F150- 8/10..1 9k??? Nope....2!!!!

damn CJ and I thought this was loud before, i can't wait to hear it now, on some low low songs :D

Take what you heard before and add about 3db from 25-40hz

after you're in the 150+ a 3db gain is pretty noticable to the ear right?

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

damn CJ and I thought this was loud before, i can't wait to hear it now, on some low low songs :D

Take what you heard before and add about 3db from 25-40hz

after you're in the 150+ a 3db gain is pretty noticable to the ear right?

VERY noticeable

you have 6 xls right is one messed up? did i miss it?

I do have a 6th. I have to send it out to DC to be re-magnatized next week. Once I get it back and the 12k I will change my wiring from .4 up to .7 and install the 12k.

This whole build is just amazing.. I plan on put some plexi on my next box and this has really gave me some ideas on how to do it.. Your VERY creative with your use of the carbon fiber wrap.. All I can say is dam man.

I'll take some of those lvl3s off your hands :P lol

-Ross

Project Layla

Truck: 99' F-150

Gathering things for my next build.

SoloX18 build:

http://www.stevemead..._1#entry1576460

RE T-line build:

http://www.stevemead...-between-build/

I like useing the earometer... it can be accurate .. what dwight do to demagnatize the sub.. wow.. 3db would take 10times the power or doubling the subs minimum. Especially in the mid 50s.. still love this build its my favorite cause our equipment is so similar id love to see you get a 157 and push me to get louder

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Badass Cody, I really like how the CF on the dust caps turned out!!

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

Looks great CJ! Very nice build!

I like useing the earometer... it can can accurate .. what dwight do to demagnatize the sub.. wow.. 3db would take 10times the power or doubling the subs minimum. Especially in the mid 50s

I don't think he meant an overall gain of 3db. I think he meant 3db in the low end range.

Awesome build !!! :drinks:

Kenwood KDC-BT33

Sundown Audio SAE-100.4  -  4 Crescendo Audio SC-650s     

Sundown Audio SCV-6000D  @  (.5 ohm)   -   2 DC Audio LVL5 M5 Elite 15s (d2)

6.45 ft Box ( Net ) tuned to 30 Hz  -   (  APM - 2  = 151.2 db  )

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4WD

Brand X 390 Alternator - XS Power PSC30 

XS Power D3400  (front)  -  3 XS Power D3100s  (rear)

Knukoncepts Kolossus Flex 1/0  -  SMD Meters  -  SMD Fuse Holders

Sky High Copper Battery Terminals  -  Amp Lab RPMC v2 

SPL Cartel Bass Knob  -  Toolmaker Copper Amp Inputs                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Looks great CJ! Very nice build!

I like useing the earometer... it can can accurate .. what dwight do to demagnatize the sub.. wow.. 3db would take 10times the power or doubling the subs minimum. Especially in the mid 50s

I don't think he meant an overall gain of 3db. I think he meant 3db in the low end range.

You are correct. Without knowing what my new peak freq is, it is hard to take a guess what the number will be but just from a short drive I am going to venture a guess that it will peak at 155.5 in the 37-40hz range.

The 3db gain is going to be from 25-40hz. Before I was at a 48.5 at 30hz and 52 at 40hz with a HUGE spike up to 54.56 at 46hz. This I believe came from over powering the Level 3s so much. I really think that this will now do a 150+ from 25hz-50hz.

Archived