Sonic Electronix

im thinking about upgrading my amp from the Hifonics HFI 1000.d to an AQ1200. Im gonna be running 1 DC lvl 3 12" on it. I plan on getting another DC down the line and running both on that AQ1200. Would it be bad to go ahead and get the AQ amp and run just 1 DC on it? would i be risking putting too much power to it and blowing it? or should i just wait to get the other DC and the AQ at the same time? any advise would be Grrrrr8!

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

was thinking about wire each sub to 1OHM, then running the AQ1200 at 2OHMs and pushing each sub with 875rms... or is that not right? lol

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

was thinking about wire each sub to 1OHM, then running the AQ1200 at 2OHMs and pushing each sub with 875rms... or is that not right? lol

Running parallel parallel would be .5 ohm

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

You need d4 coils. That simple

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

well i mean can they switch the voice coil to 4 if i asked? i'll get it switched out if its possible and if it doesn't cost alot of money. lol... and i dont know how much the DC1.2k is i just know that the AQ1200 is a good amp...

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

well i mean can they switch the voice coil to 4 if i asked? i'll get it switched out if its possible and if it doesn't cost alot of money. lol... and i dont know how much the DC1.2k is i just know that the AQ1200 is a good amp...

you would have to get a recone. for the level 3 to turn it into D4.

just run at .5 ohm. get a big battery under the hood with big 3 and most likely a better alt.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/