Second Skin Audio

Is this a Good Box

more width or height would make the port bigger........ yes.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

ya that second one is all retarded. port needs to be bigger, not longer. it looks like you put 1 cube of bracing. thats a holy fucking shit ton of bracing. 3 full length 2x4's would be 1 cube of displacement.

your first box was 8.6 cubes and the second one was 13.3 cubes. being so extremely different it tells me you should be doing more research before building this thing. thats not a bad thing, its just where you are at in your learning process. it will save you a lot of work and time. seeing how you want to integrate amps into the box you might want to pay for a good box design. this will help you get it right the first time and not have to redo a box you spent a lot of time on making look cosmetically good.

best advice in this thread

Well I guess Im gonna get a professional to help me with this.... I wanted to build the box on my own instead of letting someone else do my work for me

the design is the most crucial part. a designer should give you a cutsheet and everything required so as to make it as easy as possible for you to build. i understand the satisfaction of doing it all yourself, but if you dont have the required knowledge, you're only setting yourself up for disaster (and wasted money)

I dont carry credit cards and I dont want this to add another thing to deduct from my pay check. I will just get a local audio business or one alittle further to help me with this. Already deep enough in the hole just from fixing my jeep. Transmission finally went. 550 dollars to rebuild. I told my self it would just be best to let the jeep be off of insurance and sit it at the house until I get my finnaces straightened out.

Just called a friend who knows how to build great boxes who works for monster audio, said he could give me a cut cheet by monday afternoon. Costs 20 bucks so its whatever. He said if i provide the materials he would do it on the side for 100. I would rather do it my self but I dont feel comfortable doing this on my own.

2001 Dodge Ram Quad Cab.

I dont carry credit cards and I dont want this to add another thing to deduct from my pay check. I will just get a local audio business or one alittle further to help me with this. Already deep enough in the hole just from fixing my jeep. Transmission finally went. 550 dollars to rebuild. I told my self it would just be best to let the jeep be off of insurance and sit it at the house until I get my finnaces straightened out.

Just called a friend who knows how to build great boxes who works for monster audio, said he could give me a cut cheet by monday afternoon. Costs 20 bucks so its whatever. He said if i provide the materials he would do it on the side for 100. I would rather do it my self but I dont feel comfortable doing this on my own.

dude....just get a design from Ray or ram designs or something. theyre worth the money. we are trying to help you. credit cards dont matter when practically every single transaction on this site is done with paypal, which you can link directly to your bank account.

Wal-Mart has universal gift cards. At least the one here does.

Create PayPal account. Input gift card info as a credit card. Get in contact with RAM or Ray. Send money.

You're spending $120 when you only need to spend like $50 between design and mats.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

dude....just get a design from Ray or ram designs or something. theyre worth the money. we are trying to help you. credit cards dont matter when practically every single transaction on this site is done with paypal, which you can link directly to your bank account.

^this. from what i'm hearing, price is a big concern to you. maybe it's just me, but if price is such a huge factor i don't see how it could be logical to spend 120 + supplies to have your friend do this for you. you could get a design on here that will be just as good, if not better, for $15. the payoff from having the right box is well worth 15 bucks. lastly, building a box isn't incredibly difficult. all it takes is some basic carpentry skills and the right tools. hell, if you have any questions or want pointers on the construction of the box, just ask here, we'd be more than happy to help. it's up to you, you can have a badass system either way. this way will just leave you with an extra 105 in your pocket.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.