Sound deadening..... Cost for my ride ???

First off, I'm not that concerned about the cost of the sound deadening material itself. I know a lot of people often say DynaMat Extreme is over priced, and your paying for the name..... But for the price I can get bulk packages of it, from SonicElectronix {36 sq ft for $134} I'm totally okay with it. I'm thinking about getting two bulk packs, or 72sq ft, for about $300 (with CA sales tax).

So, I'm cool with this ^

What I DON'T want to do, is to start ripping panels off of my truck, and messing with stupid ass clips, and crap, that needs special tools, etc, etc. That is just not the part of car stereo building that I'm into.

So, what would be a reasonable price to expect to pay for labor, to totally install / deaden the entire roof, and all 4 doors of my F150 Supercab ??? Would $500 do it ?

BTW, if anybody here has (plenty of) experience installing this stuff, and would like to give me a price quote for the job, you can always shoot me a PM. If it's in a shop, I might try to stay pretty much out of your hair while you do it.... But other than that, I wouldn't want to part with my baby :)

Thank you,

Fish

I believe for example, Ray charges like $5 per sheet at his shop. As for dyna extreme...id suggest SS over that. Regular damplifier is supposed to be equivalent to dynamat extreme. Theres a guy in the for sales that has 2 boxes of the stuff for $350 shipped I beklive. GREAT price. Its the damplifier pro. Id suggest it > dynamat.

$5 a sheet ? That is like cheaper than dirt ! I heard this stuff was a major PITA to put in..... and most shops charge at least $50 to $75 an hour.... don't they ? (if not, I don't know how they afford groceries).

Okay, I've heard of Damplifier Pro. Will look into that. But what is SS ?

Fish

I believe for example, Ray charges like $5 per sheet at his shop. As for dyna extreme...id suggest SS over that. Regular damplifier is supposed to be equivalent to dynamat extreme. Theres a guy in the for sales that has 2 boxes of the stuff for $350 shipped I beklive. GREAT price. Its the damplifier pro. Id suggest it > dynamat.

I live about half way between San Francisco, and Sacramento.... an easy shot to pretty much anywhere in the Bay Area, or Sac, and all of its surrounding towns (bombastic location, huh ? ;))

Fish

I was going to offer to do it pretty cheap. But you're a little far from me. The panels and clips on Fords aren't that bad if you decide to save some money and do it yourself. Most of them can be popped off by hand. I can rip out the entire interior of my Mustang in less than an hour.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Yes get on youtube it'll show you how to get your panels off. Im with OrionStang with this one just do it yourself. Maybe I should get into installing deadener theres good many to be had there.:)

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets