why is it dissapointing me O_O

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/114805-1997-dodge-intrepid-build/page__p__1609728__hl__1997__fromsearch__1#entry1609728

ill def have you dsign me a box ray, yeah this is my first box, so i had to kind of just do my best at the design

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

Just what i thought.

Ill respond later. Not feeling so hot right now. But. Yes, its just the box/sub orientation.

I can fix u up

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

ok thanks man, ...well atleast it makes me feal better that all it is is the box design and not something so complicated,

whenever ur fealing "hot" again..lol.. just hit me up, i would have to start the box in another week or so anyway ha, i have to finish my small project in woodshop first XD

oh and ... il leave eerything up to u, but id say maybe make it a little smaller maybe? idk im not the expert, im just saying that so i dont have to take my backseat out to remove the box lol

Edited by Stee-Z

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

really? i was thinking, and im totally wrong usually.. im trying to learn more

that i would be louder with less port, but that culd be wrong, because it seems like itsnot punching hard like that 12.. its not even getting roof flex :/.. and on the torres it says 10.05 per foot for port ?! idk ha.. i am going to be makign a really good box soon, but would that port area and the box make that much of a difference with the loudness? im feeling id be louder with crap subs at the point i am right now :(

the box is a bigger variable in output than the equipment. if you're getting bad sound, first thing i'd look at is the box. bad equipment can sound so much better than good equipment if put in the right box compared to good equipment in a bad box. i also agree on the tuning. mid 30's is better for daily listening

thanks, y is it that the higher tuning would be better? jw ha i was thinking so myself, but i wanted to be such a BA groundpounder i went to 30 lol jk

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Well you already tuned to 30.....

Howd that turn out for ya??? Thats right.

Give me a day and ill explain

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Port is 4x 14.5"??

You should have around 85sqin of vent. Not 55

Hell even up to 95sqin

Your chokin it

And tune to 36-37 man.

No need to tune that sub to 30

nailed it glad i didnt have to type that out. lets put it this way my 4 9515 enclosue is 17 cubes and 296 sq in of port tuned to 36. I probably could have upped my port too.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.