BeatBox Posted September 11, 2011 Report Posted September 11, 2011 Purchase link please. http://www.swiftmotorsports.com/product_info.php?cPath=2049&products_id=3922&osCsid=04nvkknklf6dj50b2nliogb7e6 i would put it under the middle of the bumper if i could, not all the way down under the bumper IMO
Brandonrcm Posted September 11, 2011 Report Posted September 11, 2011 I hate the having to have a plate on the front, when I had my 86 mustang it pissed me off having to drill holes in the bumper to mount it looked so ugly. Don't really mind now with my suburban as there already was a spot for it but still hate it.
PandorasCustoms Posted September 11, 2011 Report Posted September 11, 2011 this is why I like Michigan. only required to have one license plate and we dont have to do smog checks Same for Florida... Only need a rear plate, and no emissions testing... STRAIGHT PIPES FTW... Chris - "The Apprentice" - Pandora's Box Customs 1994 Ford Explorer - "Midnight" - 4.0L SOHC SoundStream PCX-1000D & Kicker S12L5
WillPwn4Food Posted September 11, 2011 Report Posted September 11, 2011 In-laws in LA have a Lamborghini. As you may know, they don't come from factory with plate holes in the front. Rather than mess up his bumper, he left it without the plates. He's been ticketed 2 or 3 times now iirc. So yeah, they will ticket you, but like someone else said earlier, I think alot of it's profiling. Attention getting car gets attention from everyone, especially cops. Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893 real men dont use fuses Neither do moronsSays the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.
bigaltexas Posted September 11, 2011 Report Posted September 11, 2011 this is why i like georgia. wayy more lax. and even if i do get a ticket, its a small town.. itll be taken care of with a phone call.
WillPwn4Food Posted September 11, 2011 Report Posted September 11, 2011 I swear, Bigaltexas, I've seen that ass more times today than I've seen my own ass my whole life. Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893 real men dont use fuses Neither do moronsSays the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.
tonedeaf Posted September 11, 2011 Report Posted September 11, 2011 Thanks for the link beat...wonder if it would fit well me being like 3" off the groud.
Winn Posted September 11, 2011 Report Posted September 11, 2011 They are really strict about it here in Va. Seen a lot of people get tickets for not having the front license plate on. That law sucks too. Just below us in N. Carolina, they dont have to have one. ding ding ding I dont like the way it makes cars look You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back. JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE
Fish Chris Posted September 11, 2011 Author Report Posted September 11, 2011 Thanks for all the replies, guys. Let me put it this way, my 08 F150 doesn't really have a spot for a front license plate per say {which means it will look great without one } but instead, it has this little clamping system, which grabs around the bumper on the top and bottom, then provides a place to screw the plate to. Think I'll just carry mine under mt seat, and maybe I'll be a little more likely to talk a cop out of a ticket. And if you don't think I have a chance, I've talked my way out of tickets, about the last 4 X's I've been pulled over. Just lucky maybe ? Or maybe it's just the way freaking cool kind of guy I am ? LOL I think it must be the latter Peace, Fish
Nine8SST Posted September 11, 2011 Report Posted September 11, 2011 Here, from what a cop told my wife, if there's not a spot for a front plate on the vehicle from the factory, then you don't need one up front(she has a Crossfire, no front plate). My understanding is Washington law is the same. 1998 SS/T Ram Build Log - Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation - 2 DC Level 3 12" - Components??? - Sundown ??? - Sundown??? - Knu Konceptz - Second Skin Dampy Pro - XS D6500
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.