multiple round ports

You can also get 8" and 12" form tubes from lowes and home depot for under $10 and they come in 48" lengths if that helps

WHAT?? :shok: I checked Lowes and home depot and the largest i could find was 6" and it was like $18 for 48". What section is this in?

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

You can also get 8" and 12" form tubes from lowes and home depot for under $10 and they come in 48" lengths if that helps

WHAT?? :shok: I checked Lowes and home depot and the largest i could find was 6" and it was like $18 for 48". What section is this in?

Look up form tubes the company ash grove makes the heaviest duty tubes they r like 10 lbs for a 48" x 8" tube http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202075668/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Go to meeks if you have one around you.....I went in there once to check it out and will never go to Lowes or home depot again. Right off the bat they sign you up with a contractor card if you spend 100 your first purchase and Lowes had 3/4 mdf on sale I took a pic of it showed them and they beat it by two bucks and locked in that price so ill always get it at that price. Plus the contractors card gives you discounts on everything. And if they don't have it they can order it and have it in next day. Like those big sonotubes if you just resin the inside and fiberglass the outside with a couple layers they make great ports and they can.get like 18" in diameter ones. That's a big fucking port. And the 2x4s I pay 2 bucks for the.nice 10 footers. Meeks is the fucking shit man trust me if you have one.local stop in and just talk tonthem at.least.

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

I´ve said this many times before and no one listen to me, large format printing companies give you 7" Cardboard tubes FOR FREE!!!! I owned a company like that, and also, a printing supply company, the banner rolls come inside of a 7" wide cardboard tube, they come from 38" to even 128" long and yes, THEY ARE FREE, once the printer takes out the banner from the tube, they threw them away to the garbage, and yes, they are VERY strong!! If you want to even glass them so you can make them smooth, you can do it.

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

FYI: the word you are looking for is SLOTTED, not vented. A ported box, even with round tubes..... is still a vented box.

Guess I got learned ! :) LOL I always mix that up. Thanks Steve.

Logan, I totally appreciate the offer.... but I'm really liking my current box, not to mention, it fits my available space like a glove :) Oh, I'm running two 15"s.

But next time around, it will be walled anyway.... probably for three 18"s.

Fish

Well if your interested fish I got a beast of a box for 2 15s I just need to re wrap it and it could use some more resin in the port corner. Tbh it was one of my best sounding boxes so if your interested in the future let me know. That box is bulletproof I just never had enough power to get all out of the subs that were in it. I know you would love the box

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

A better site for both volume and port length is http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31 without knowing the proper volume length doesn't matter. It's a lot more in depth because it takes into account xmas, driver size and amount of drivers and so on.

Im using this program to try and help with a box for 4 8" lvl 2s, and i put in the xmax and I want it to be around 30hertz. It says minimum port diameter is 8.12"s.... Does this mean something like two 4" ports? I was planning on using a single 6" port. the box would be 3.88 cubes gross. How do I know when it is too much port area?

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

A better site for both volume and port length is http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31 without knowing the proper volume length doesn't matter. It's a lot more in depth because it takes into account xmas, driver size and amount of drivers and so on.

Im using this program to try and help with a box for 4 8" lvl 2s, and i put in the xmax and I want it to be around 30hertz. It says minimum port diameter is 8.12"s.... Does this mean something like two 4" ports? I was planning on using a single 6" port. the box would be 3.88 cubes gross. How do I know when it is too much port area?

Actually you will be closer with 2 6" ports because their area is 28.27 square inches x 2 compared to the the area it calls for of 51.78 so it would be better to use 2 x 6" because it is above the minimum you would actually need if you use 4" you will need 5 x 4" ports to equal the same area

well the issue becomes that the more port area you use the longer your port must be I am not an expert but from what i know there is not any reason to make a port larger then the area of your drivers so with 2 8" speakers I would not recommend going above 100 square inches your speakers can't move enough air to make use of the extra port area so you are just wasting space. I am sure someone out there knows more about this then me but that's my take on it and if someone would like to elaborate more on it please do because I would also like to know what other factors to take into account here.

Archived