Help with University Setup

it sounds like you own a modem. you need a router depending on what you want to spend either the mac airport or netgear are the two I would use. I have owned a few different types and those are the easiest to set up. Does your school not have wifi on campus? In theory a wireless router should think of the ethernet port from the wall as a modem so it should do the job and allow multiple computers to access the one source.

Edited by photochrisb931

Barstad

Make sure whichever router you buy is compatible with an enterprise network, as that's more than likely what your school is set up with

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

You can connect the ethernet wire to your PC, if it has wireless capbabilities itself, get a program called Connectify, it allows a computer to broadcast and pickup a special connection made by the program, which from their you can have the other devices pick it up.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I love how he has 4 years of degrees in computing but cant figure out how to work a simple internet connection

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I love how he states that he definitely has routers and everyone stll says he doesn't. Fail for OP! :clapping:

They are routers... i know the difference dude...

I love how he has 4 years of degrees in computing but cant figure out how to work a simple internet connection

And just because i have 4 years of degrees in computing does not mean i can set up a router on a network that is set up not to allow them.

Either way for both of you I'll just ignore that you were trying to belittle me which is against the rules of this forum and let you know i have since got the ROUTER connected... Fucking assholes...

Live life to the full... Then TURN THAT BITCH UP!

291nldv.png

why not get a ethernet hub and just wire everything lol just my input

He said he needed wireless connections as well.

I would recommend you get a wireless router, which you can set up based upon your university's connection settings. I have a Linksys WRT54g with the DD-WRT firmware on it. DD-WRT allows you to easily modify connection settings to whatever network you're connecting to.

What the other posters may have been missing is that nowadays, routers sometimes also have built-in modems, hence why you have ADSL or DSL connections available. If you still need help, ask away or send me a PM.