DC Sound Lab

DC 12k Clamp Test

Ok. Just saw the rated power chart.

Not my cup of tea.

My issue is getting 6kw and spending that much.

Ray remember that these are just the numbers for this build. I have each channel wired at .5ohm with over 1ohm of rise. If I were to wire at .25 per channel I am sure I would get much bigger numbers.

Not my cup of tea.

I was expecting more honestly. I for some reason was thinking it was supposed to do the 12k at lower voltage, not at 16v and .5 with no rise. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that the same type of thing people where ranting on Soundstream about with the XXX-15000D?

i think its more for application, the 9k does 9k at 14.4 at 1 ohm. the 12k is rated for 6800 at the same voltage and ohm load. But the 12k is rated at .5 up to 16v, the 9k is for up to 18v. I think they are kinda (dont flame me) the sameish power level amps but for different applications like i said. each one has its pluses and minuses.

Edited by ChevyBoy95

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

I like the 9k

I think its a cool amp. Havent used a DC amp yet, but 2-.5 boards in 1 case

Hell it better be able to run down to .2 nominal for me to consider it.

Hell im going to be using something just like this and be able to wire to .4 mono.

Not wanting a shit storm, just trying to figure out its use.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I like the 9k

I think its a cool amp. Havent used a DC amp yet, but 2-.5 boards in 1 case

Hell it better be able to run down to .2 nominal for me to consider it.

Hell im going to be using something just like this and be able to wire to .4 mono.

Not wanting a shit storm, just trying to figure out its use.

Ray I dont believe the 12k is 2 boards. You might be able to tell from this pic i got of it.

0f221e39.jpg

its dual mono, and honestly i dont know if its much better then a maxximus..seen those make pretty crazy power ABOVE 1ohm..and i agree, pricey for what you get...i have a feeling I know whats in your plans Ray, and stick with those....but the dc 9ks are beast

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

Not my cup of tea.

I was expecting more honestly. I for some reason was thinking it was supposed to do the 12k at lower voltage, not at 16v and .5 with no rise. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that the same type of thing people where ranting on Soundstream about with the XXX-15000D?

i think its more for application, the 9k does 9k at 14.4 at 1 ohm. the 12k is rated for 6800 at the same voltage and ohm load. But the 12k is rated at .5 up to 16v, the 9k is for up to 18v. I think they are kinda (dont flame me) the sameish power level amps but for different applications like i said. each one has its pluses and minuses.

Here is the way I look at the comparison of the 9k and 12k for this build.

I am getting a total 6248w at 1.61 ohms from the 12k. The 9k is rated for 9000w at 1 ohm and 4800w at 2 ohms. I know this isnt exact but at 1.5 ohms on the 9k I should get about 6900w seeing that I have reactive ohm loads ranging from 1.59-1.75 ohms I would put these 2 amps on the same level.

There are some differences in the 9 and 12ks.

The 9k is stable up to 18v and is strappable. The 12k is stable up to 16v and is not strappable. The 12k is also cheaper than the 9k. I guess it just depends on your preference.

The point of this thread was to show that the 12k does do rated power and I believe that my test did prove this point no matter what the actual power output is.

Agreed.

Not many dual mono amps out there.

Cool to see rusty tryin new things.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Not my cup of tea.

^this.

IMO its more of a street class amp. wire it low on 12v & itll make some power.

(i know id like to see a lil red crx with a pair of 12k's =])

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

i thank you guys are lookin at it the wrong way.. this is a test with one channel clamped at a time.. one channel seeing .5 nom and 1.59-1.75 reactive on each channel.. it is rated 2100 @ 2ohm on each channel at rated 14.4v and he was getting 2800 @ 1.75 and 12v.. meaning he would be getting a total 5600 @ 3.5ohm 12v from the 12k.. think of it as a strapped pair of amps since this is a dual mono.. this clamp test proves this amp is a underrated beast like the rest of DC's amps..... does it really take an 18yr old to figure this out lol.. and a rated total of 11k at 1ohm (.5 each channel)14.4v.. its more powerful than a 9k at 1ohm people

Edited by TeamFlexFX