DC Sound Lab

DC audio 5.0k clamp results

Humm. Just strange cause ive clamped mine many many times.

I have got 3940 at .6 after rise at 13.4v each amp.

Just sounded strange thats all

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Who wants to see some guts????

2011-09-10_09-45-56_397.jpg

2011-09-10_09-46-15_403.jpg

2011-09-10_09-46-15_4031.jpg

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

not bad results but i don't like the lack of power on the lows :(

I just wonder if that will always be the case, or does it depend on the box and subs??? :peepwall:

:pardon:

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Ray: yea thats why im thinking its my enclosure or something, not the amps or electrical. My electrical is totally overkill for my system but it works perfectly for me. This is my first all out build so i still have quite a bit to learn about the box building and whatnot but hey, im learning about it all slow enough.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

It is all the way down and my lowpass is all the way up. For my crossover settings on my 3sixty (since all my xover settings are through that), it is set to 28-80Hz with a 24db crossover slope. I tried to turn the infrasonic filter off completely and it doesnt change a single thing. Im honestly not worried. Like i said before and ill keep saying, im not too worried about the low power output for the lower freqs because it still rips my truck apart and shakes the hell out of you in the process. lol. If i could get the power up it would rock but its not a real urgency for me. My urgent need is to get the roof deadened but that wont happen till next summer.

Im getting myself a mac mini to get a feel for apple and figure out how to use it all for 3 years before i mod my truck to put it all in there and then ill get some more mids and highs.

Well I just ordered one earlier tonight, took advantage of the sale! So I'll be sure to clamp mine as well, to get more comparisons! And hopefully I can get a lil more out of mine down low! :peepwall:

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Im sure you will, mine has got to be a problem with the enclosure but idgaf. It still slams to all hell and i keep ripping those tack welds off the bracing for my roof and snap random pieces in my doors, dash, and console.